10/24/07

I love being a mom!

Today I am home, instead of teaching my special ed class, because my Sydney was sick last night...every 15 minutes for 4 hours!!!! But I am so happy to be home any chance I get! And since my school is far away and I bring my kids there with me...we are ALL home today. When one stays home, we all stay home. I love it! I was just peeling potatoes and carrots for a stew tonight and pondering how much I love being a mom and a homemaker, and how much I miss it. I feel like it is such a privilege and what I was born to do. That may sound cheezy, but those who know me well know I'm a cheeseball! I have been working full-time for almost a year now and it is definately the hardest thing I have EVER had to do. Its ironic because I used to complain about how hard it was to be a mom and wrestle kids and mess all day, and now that's all I want. And that doesn't mean that it's not hard to be a stay at home mom, because I KNOW it is. What I'm saying is that you really appreciate something after it's gone OR no longer an option. There was a quote in this last church conference by Elder Oaks, "What your children really want for dinner...is you!" I love that. Kids grow up so fast and it kills me that I am missing these young years. One positive thing about me working is that I really appreciate the time I do have with my family. Time is precious. I'm going to talk to some food about this...specifically a bowl of ice-cream and some chocolate!!!!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I agree, I really hope that when we are finally blessed with children that I'll be able to stay home with them!

Laura said...

I love that last comment! I love chatting with ice-cream, especially at night. I am sorry I will miss you tomorrow night, I hope you had a great day home with the kids, much love, laura

Ker said...

Just so you know Sally- You are a GREAT mom and your kids are so lucky that you want to be with them. Treasure those moments. I too love the idea of talking to food!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed