10/22/09

The End

The end of an era
No more pets in the Cannon Home

Right before school started, Tom finally reached the end of his limit...I was pregnant and cleaning the kitty litter, the puppy was confined to the laundry room or else he would use our carpet as his potty... among other things. So it was such a sad day! I put all the pets on KSL classifieds and got offers within a few hours. There was lots of tears from me, Savannah, and Sydney. I am a true "pet person", I love them. Summer and Zack were fine. Tom said we would never do this again because of how upset the girls were. Two nice families came to our house to pick up Buddy and Gir. Seeing the kids say goodbye was heart wrenching! We drove up to South Jordan to give Nemo away and Sydney held him and cried the whole way there! It made me cry too, no sob!

Trying to make up for it a little bit we let Savannah and Sydney spend some $, that we got for the pets, at Toys-R-Us. Then we took all the kids out to eat and to see a movie. Savannah and Sydney still cried a lot. It was SERIOUSLY so sad! Where is my consolation prize you may be wondering...well I get a baby so I really can't complain!

Now the house feels empty, my heart aches for them, I miss my puppy and cats, but I have to admit it is CLEANER, EASIER, and CHEAPER to not have pets.

Here is cute Nemo, we had him for 3 years!!!!

my adorable puppy, "Buddy" we had him for 6 months

and Gir, we had him for 6 months too



Next the kids started school...

Summer with some friends and her kindergarten teacher

my baby

she's just adorable



Savannah, Zackary, and Sydney on their first day, "Uncle" Derek was visiting and they wanted him in the picture too, they adore him!

this is Sydney with her consolation prize for giving up Nemo...a 2 ft ugly doll!



I'm not even going to say how much this cost because it is obscene!


It's always sad for me to end or start a new era in my life. I'm so sentimental..."mental" being the key part. And so it goes

3 comments:

Terri said...

Oh Sal, that is sad (coming from another crazy pet person) It will be cleaner and give Tom piece of mind, it will all be for the better! And Matt if you're reading this there's no _____ing way we're getting rid of Via!

Bonnie said...

Sally, I am so sorry about your pets but I can understand how for a hubby it can be too much with lots of kids and pets to care for. I am thankful that kids can be so resilient and knowing you have a baby to look forward to should ease the pain somewhat. Take good care!

Allison said...

Sorry Sally! The saddest days of my life have been when my kids are sad, so I know the pain you must have felt. But they will soon have a new sibling and when they grown up they can have a flipping zoo if they want.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed