4/10/09

Growing up is FUN?...

Today I got to school and found out it is the 5th grade MATURATION program!!!!!! I have a 5th grader...WHAT the what?!!! Talk about milestone! Savannah found out exactly what it means to be a girl! I have spoken vaguely about it in the past but no specifics. She was freaking out! I was dying inside and re-living my 5th grade year when I found out the "big secrets" of womanhood.

Savannah kept saying,

"I don't want to be a girl!"


"I want to be a boy!"

"Can I switch?"

"It's NOT fair!"

Yeah, I know my sweet little girl, but it's all OK and it's all worth it!

We get to have the babies and there is nothing more divine.

Is it hard? Yes!! But it's definitely worth it!

Growing up is fun, right?! ...Right!

Oh, the joys of being a woman! Would NOT trade it for anything.

Poor Savannah got the worry gene from me.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, the days of the maturation class.

Anne Marie said...

The joys of having kids grow up! I know Taylor has his class in a few weeks, although they also had a 4th grade maturation class here, so at least it shouldn't be too new. If it makes Savannah feel any better, there are plenty of things teenage boys deal with that I wouldn't have wanted to deal with. I'm letting my husband explain those things:)

Terri said...

Okay, so right now I wish I wan't a girl either... ugh! Poor Savanaha! I think growing up can be a little scary.

Stephanie said...

I remember that lesson as well! I didn't want to be a girl either! :-)

Allison said...

Tell Savannah that being a girl is 10x cooler than being a boy! "What the what?" Love the 30 Rock reference!

collette said...

Oh... I so vividly remember that day!! And my mom was the type who doesn't say ANYTHING, so the maturation program was definitely an eye opener! You handled it very well. I have to say, though, I am grateful I had my three boys first! Maybe it will give me some time to get my act together before my daughter gets to that age. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed