11/21/08

Clear Creek, 5th grade overnight field trip

Alpine School District owns a camp up Spanish Fork Canyon near Schofield. It's just for 5th graders to go during the school year and spend 2 days and a night, and see all the fun things they have. Then they offer a week long summer camp, so I think it's a ploy to get kids to sign up for summer camp, but it was still FUN! I went with Savannah and took one of the life skills students, they had a blast. I loved being with my baby girl, she really is a sweetie...and I got to see some obnoxious 5th grade girls, so I totally appreciate my loving child!

the whole group being silly

being "normal"

Me and my baby

of course there was lots of cafeteria food...I ruined my diet!

and skits

We retired two American flags, it's a really neat ceremony, very emotional.

the girls in my cabin

now being silly

the ropes course, everyone's favorite...except me, I actually tried and fell a lot...not as coordinated or in shape as I used to be!


this tree thing is called the "witch's broom"

Me and my pal Loretta!

ah, the metal bunk beds...yep, no sleep for me, aside from the fact that the girls laughed and talked for hours.

more fun stuff, you have to get everyone on without having the see-saw touch the ground

hiking, the weather was so nice!


the cabins were nice

look what ours was called


Definitely an experience I won't forget, Savannah gave it a 10! So glad I went!

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

I haven't heard anything about this camp! Does SS partcipate???!! Looks like you had a good time, how fun that you were able to take Savannah, I don't know if I could handle that many 5th graders, you're a trooper!

Sally said...

Yes, everyone participates! It's fun but if you plan on going bring a lot of Diet Pepsi! :)

Terri said...

She is really growing up, it looks like a fun experience, for both of you!

Laura said...

OMGosh, how much fun!!! That's awesome that you could go. I love your new pic at the top. SO CUTE!

Anne Marie said...

So cool! Definitely some great memories for you two. Good for you!

deputymomof6 said...

Looked like it was a great time!! Have fun on your vacation!!

Tyra said...

What a nice way to spend a couple of days with Savannah.

Stephanie said...

How fun! That is so neat that you could experience it with Savannah!

Allison said...

Very cool experience for both of you! Did you ever go to Camp Liahona in New Jersey? Girl's camp or family camping? Fun times. You are looking all kinds of awesome there Sally!! WHat is your secret?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed