11/10/08

Super Saturday

11/8- Instead of tackling/de-cluttering our horrendous garage, we decided to go up in the mountains (I know, shocker!) and make smores and hot chocolate. As usual it was so much fun! I was thinking why we love to get outdoors so much and something that came to mind was the fact that the kids can run, scream, go crazy and it doesn't drive me insane! ;) That's just ONE reason. Towards the end of our outing Sydney and Zack thought it would be fun to spit hot chocolate everywhere, that was our cue to pack up. It's all fun and games until someone takes it too far! Still a very great day, better than cleaning out our garage! Look at how much fun I'm having with your camera, Melissa!


the kids love to climb

Summer loves to do "fish face"



Sydney is her own person! :)

"But mom, I'm not cold!"

Yummy smores...confession...I ate one!



Me and my "special diet" hot chocolate! Not as good as the real stuff.

the real stuff

notice the huge glob of marshmellow in Summer's hair!





she's not happy about the hair stuck to her face, so I took a picture and laughed...I know, great mom!



8 comments:

Laura said...

What a fun family outing!!! Hot chocoate over a fire, how fabulous. We need to start that tradition.

deputymomof6 said...

Looks like fun, and I am glad you are enjoying the camera!! Reminds me of Tom's birthday when we went up Santaquin Canyon and had to scrape the snow off the fire pit to build one.. and the HUGE spider we saw on the road coming out of it.. (because we were nice enough.. Sally and I... to take the kids out and leave the boys up there alone for a while... for some male bonding and outdoor time!!) Men and fires.... :) I cleaned out my son's room this past weekend as he finally got his carpet replaced!! Only took me 5 hours... He had clothes in there that were SEVERAL sizes too small!!

Sally said...

Melissa- We called you on Saturday to come with us but you were working! :(

I remember that spider!

Jenny said...

Oh, fun! I never think to go up to the mountains once it starts getting cold - but why not? Bundled up, with a fire and hot chocolate, not too shabby!

Terri said...

The Cannons going to the mountians over the weekend for Hot Chocolate and Smores.... Weird!

Athack77 said...

Way to ditch the chores (that will always be there) and make a great memory with your family. I think your priorities are in the right order. Hot chocolate ALWAYS tastes better in the mountains over a campfire than at home anyway.

deputymomof6 said...

Dang... I DID work last Saturday.. Needed some extra cash for Christmas. This one I have Super Saturday, but I will be around... :)

TimothyMiller said...

Cute! how fun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed