1/9/09

Life is NEVER boring!

That's my quote for today. I was feeling a little down yesterday, don't know exactly why,

could be hormones,
could be the migraine I was getting,
could be the kids fighting,
could be the messy house,
could be the baby weight I still have after 4 years that should be gone by now,
could be lack of sleep due to starting work again,
could be my perfectionist nature which contributes to my guilt for everything NOT being perfect

I could not put my finger on exactly why I was feeling weird. I emailed Tom and told him I was down. He called me after school and said, "So you're feeling bad?" We talked for a minute and then he said, "Can I make your life more interesting?"

UM...NO!

This is not a drill. Turns out fate would have us go through a trial we are all too familiar with AGAIN! I just laughed. I think I was in shock. There are worse things that can happen than being laid off, but seriously, again?! What is this? The 4th time in 3 years?! I HATE Human Resources! Never go into that profession! They're always the first to go when the company downsizes! ARGH!

Even though I am stressed about the un-known future, I do know we are in God's hands and He does take care of us. I also know this is such a small trial in the big scheme of things.

Last night I rearranged my primary meeting (instead of having it at Arctic Circle, we met at my house) so Tom could go to the Temple. I felt like I should tell him to go. He wanted to go but knew about my meeting so didn't ask. We are both glad he got to go and I will be going tomorrow. Tom had a really great experience there, he felt so uplifted and strengthened. He called me as soon as he was out and told me to look up a scripture. Here it is,

"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;

Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord of the Sabbaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament- the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.

Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my name's glory, saith the Lord" (D&C 98:1-3)

Ever had the experience of needing comfort through scripture, and you open up to the exact thing you need to read? This is what happened for Tom and the power of reading this, pertaining to our life at this moment, was just overwhelming. What a sweet blessing!

Today Summer was sick so I stayed home with her and Tom had his last day at work. Want to know what I ate today? Why yes Sally, do share, we are all hanging on the edge of our seats...
This might make you laugh OR just feel sorry for me. I had some oreos, chips, mike-n-ikes, Cadbury chocolate, and zingers! Yep, that's all, absolutely nothing nutritious, and I feel sick! Why do I do that?!

And our treadmill died this week and Tom's steering went out on his car ...

Is that all you got?!

I actually find this all very amusing right now, I'm sure that is a stage of shock. One thing is FOR SURE,

My life is NEVER boring and I love it!

23 comments:

Julie Markham said...

I cried when I read the scripture Tom gave you. You've made it through other trials, and you'll make it through this one.

Sally said...

Thanks Julie, I know it too! :)

Angie said...

When I got your email yesterday two words went through my mind....HOLY CRAP! I was in shock, so I can only imagine your feeling.
Don't feel bad about the junk food today, the day we cleaned our house after we moved I ate a whole bag of reeces(sp) peanut butter cups and a bag of snickers (it was halloween time) along with several diet cokes!
You are in our prayers, and we love you guys!

V and Co. said...

oh no sally. but you are strong and so is your faith. yes, all will be okay. but i'm still sorry.

meg.. said...

Oh my, Sally. My heart goes out to you and your family. I know the Lord is watching over you (and you know that), but I'm sure you could do without this trial as well. You should move down here - the lab never fires anyone. Your family is certainly in my prayers. (((hugs)))

Sherrie said...

I can't imagine going through all that and still being able to look on the bright side of things. You are an amazing example to all of us!

Mindy said...

Oh Sal! I'm so sorry!!! Why!?! That totally sucks. I'm glad Tom had a good experience in the temple. That's my all time favorite scripture. I am always so humbled by your faith. You rock Sally. And even when you rock, it's ok to cry. :) I love you!

Jen Stewart said...

Holy Crap Sally Ann! I...I'm speechless. I'm so sorry. Please let me know if we can help you in anyway. We will say lots of extra prayers for you! Love you!

Heather H said...

Big hugs to you, Heavenly Father must know how strong you are to be able to handle all these trails. You all are in our prayers.

Sally said...

Thanks for all your kind words! You all make me cry, in a happy way! THANKS!!!!

girlsmama said...

Sally I am so sorry. I so understand the bemusement that comes with this. We went through three layoffs in 2 years. The Lord will provide in his time. Our prayers are with you!

Nik said...

Sally, we love ya!!!!! We sure know how you guys are feeling right now. Get your spirits up, Heavenly Father is definitely watching over you guys!

Autumn said...

Oh Sally I just keep thinking about you guys. You are such a good example of taking things in stride and having faith. Know that we are thinking about you and pray for you.

Anne Marie said...

OH, Sally, I'm so sorry that you're having to go through that trial again! You are an amazing family, and the Lord will take care of you guys. I hope everyone's feeling better. Good luck with everything!

Bonnie said...

Sally I am late in getting to this post and I am so sorry to hear about this recent turn of events.

I have to tell you that the first impression when your blog came up on my screen was...wow, what beautiful children Sally and Tom have. I know that Heavenly Father will help you and protect those beautiful babies. Something good will happen and you will look back and be thankful for this temporary setback.

Each day we are praying for more and more people facing similar situations. Be thankful your hubby is well-educated and will be able to find something soon. Just keep reading that scripture, attending the temple and looking at that beautiful photo of your kids and know He is there for you! Seeking His comfort for you all.

Keep us posted!

Love, Bonnie

Allison said...

Sally, I am so sorry. . . just the way to end Christmas with a bang eh? I am going to email you the scripture that spoke to me when I had a bad week this week. Hang in there. . . Love you girl!

Katie said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go through this again Sally. You'll be in our prayers. Thanks for your wonderful positive example.

Athack77 said...

You guys are doing all the right things which you know helps out. I wish we could ease your burdens by giving Tom a job and paying your bills. I couldn't think of anyone more deserving. While it's helpful to know the Lord is watching over you guys, don't be to shy with your networking. Jobs are often given to people empolyers know. Please keep ud posted, you're in our prayers!

Stephanie said...

Sally, you will be in our prayers. I love that scripture. I've had similar junk food days. If I'm down, hand me the Blizzard and get out of my way! I love you lots. Good luck with everything.

Tyra said...

I am so sorry to hear about all this bad luck. I will keep you in my prayers.

deputymomof6 said...

Hang in there!! We love you and you always know how to make the best of a bad situation.

Kelli Proctor said...

you have the best attitude and so does your husband! Going to the Temple was the perfect place to go. Good luck with finding a job! I remember Tom being such a happy, and good person. I am sure he will find a great job soon! You guys are awesome!

Rachel Anderson said...

We will keep you in our prayers!! I think you must have had some kind of intuition about it and that's why you were feeling bad that day...

You have such a beautiful family and I love how much your love for them comes through on your blog. Thanks for sharing that. It is inspirational!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed