7/18/10

The straw that broke my back

I'm usually a positive person, I usually try to focus on the blessings in my life, I don't like to whine and complain...but sometimes it just feels good to vent! Sorry for the whine-fest, feel free to skip this one, it's just therapeutic for me.

The thing that broke my back was the van. I went to start it this morning to go to church and it died... :(

So then the Mamma Mia song that plays frequently through my head starts..."I work all night I work all day I pay the bills I have to pay...Ain't it sad! And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me...that's too bad!...Money, money, money, must be funny, in a rich man's world. Money, money, money, always sunny, in a rich man's world"

So I start feeling sorry for myself and thinking of all the things that would be nice (and I know there are worse problems to have and that I am a brat for even whining)

BUT, wouldn't it be nice...

if I could stay home with my babies

if we had a car that we didn't put over $5K in the past 6 months and it still dies

if I could get my $1K worth of dental work done

if I could get braces for my older girls

if I could look out my back yard and actually see trees, bushes, and flowers

if I could get nice clothes for everyone in the family

if we could afford to go to Disneyland

if we didn't have NICU/Medical bills

and the list could go on but I had to stop myself and go to my happy place...

which includes my family, my faith, good health, and freedom

this guy is pretty darn cool and keeps me going

Savannah, my first precious girl

this funny "checker board teeth" boy always makes me laugh, thanks Zack-man

and this drawing on my special Sydney's hand, I didn't see what it was at first

then she put his trunk out! Cute girl! She comes up with the funniest things, I just LOVE it

like wearing a blanket on her head, Oh Sydney! And of course my sweet Summer

my bundle of pure joy and blessings, My Zoey


Now I just need to stay in my happy place!


2 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh Sal - I hear you! I've had one of those doozy days myself and here you are going to your happy place and I know I need to get there too!! Thank you for your beautiful example (as always) and your perspective AND your whining. It makes you a whole person. :) I love you Sal!!

Terri said...

Love you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed