9/29/10

JULY (and Eclipse)

My friend rents a theater every time a Twilight movies comes out and this year it was The ECLIPSE Pre Screen on the 29th and not even a midnight show, it was 4:30pm. It's so fun to go with friends and family!

Amy and Amber

My sisters- Hannah, Mary, Brooke, Tanya

Becca and Me


JULY 4th Fun
Since the 4th was on a Sunday this year we celebrated on the 3rd. It was a BEAUTIFUL day so we went up to the mountains, of course, and did a short hike. It was perfect. I love being outdoors for many reasons but one is the fact that my kids have so much fun together and don't argue. It is heartwarming to watch them find treasures and bugs and play.

Zoey and me

Zack

my baby again

Tom took some really cute pictures- I love when he takes the camera

Sydney and Savannah

my cute gang

Sydney found a fat caterpillar



Summer is growing up

I love the aspens

we came home and Tom BBQed. It was funny though because he burned ALL the hamburgers and hotdogs, he left for a few seconds and the whole grill went up in flames! He was so upset he flung all the charred beef onto our lawn! The animals loved that! :)


We watched the fireworks at Thanksgiving Point golf course- it was FREEZING! I can't believe the weather here. It can be beautiful during the day and FREEZE at night. It is so windy in that area too so it only made it worse. Plus we were by the golf course and the SPRINKLERS turned on and sprayed us!

Zack wouldn't put on a jacket- crazy kid



Zoey was covered by 2 blankets!

trying to keep warm

he finally gave in to the cold and put on my jacket





trying to take a shot of the kids reaction


random shots

my cute Zo-Zo

Swimming at the outdoor pool



Organizing Sydney's room AGAIN! We came to an agreement that she could keep shelves in her closet with her treasures on it. I was tired of seeing all the chaos, it just looks cluttery to me. I tried baskets but that didn't work because she likes to SEE everything...so here she is in HER closet space that she can do anything she wants with. But in her room it has to be MY standards. :)

Zoey is getting SO big! My little chunkers. I LOVE it!

Zack and his Lego obsession

Sydney's elephant



weirdo kids :)

Savannah and Becky

Tom being a weirdo

Savannah broke her foot a few days before girls camp! Here's the story- we're at the legacy center, swimming with some friends, and the kids are playing tag (not the best idea on wet surfaces). I see Savannah hobble back to our table and put her foot up, her friend goes and gets some ice. She's in a lot of pain. She jumped into the pool expecting it to be deep but it was shallow...and she jammed her foot. I thought it was just a bruise or something, so she kept her foot up and had ice on it. When we left the pool she wouldn't put any pressure on it. So her friend carried her to the car. I kept thinking about camp and how she had to get her foot better, so I told her to try walking on it. She wouldn't. So the next day she is crawling around the house and not putting pressure on her foot. I make her try to walk on it again. She has a flute class every morning at the middle school and she hops to get to the class. Later that afternoon she has a band recital (showing what they learned from 2 weeks of lessons) so Tom and I take her to that and she still won't put pressure on her foot. FINALLY Tom and I decide to take her to the doctor...this is what Tom texts me


AND the Dr. said it is a NON-WEIGHT BEARING break!!! And here we are trying to get her to walk on it! I felt SOOOO bad! She got some crutches and had to get a cast or a boot. The problem is camp starts on Tuesday and it's Friday night. Luckily we have a nice Dr. in our ward that sees her on Monday and puts a boot on her. She still can't walk on it for 3 weeks though- no pressure!

Savannah liked her crutches at first...


Tim and Angie came down for Foam day with our city. The firetrucks come and spray foam out of their hoses. I thought it would be fun...

* a thousand degrees outside
* muddy slippery DEEP foam everywhere
* hoards of teenagers bumping small kids over
* and disgusting things at the bottom of 4 feet of foam (like dirty diapers)

Atlie and Macie didn't like it

Zack and Sydney liked it. I went in with them for a little and was so grossed out! The foam got to be higher than my waist and you couldn't see the ground and it was slimey! Tom got to stay home with Savannah and Zoey.

Nana and Pops come to see Savannah and her poor broken foot. They brought her a present. Sweet!




GIRLS CAMP- WOO-HOO

I drove my van and we are on our way!

Games

the skit

"American Idol" style

making ice-cream

funny girls

I was so happy to be there with my Savannah! I love girls camp!

fixing the 1st years tent!

Vanna

certification relay- Gwen ate an egg that was cooked for only 2 minutes over a tiny fire! Brave girl!

the whole group!



it was so beautiful up there!

Savannah couldn't do much. It was so sad- she wanted to run around with the other girls





Savannah makes Zoey giggle




That's the July recap. Now to finish August and September...


2 comments:

Bates Blogger said...

I love to see pictures of your kids growing up! They're all so beautiful and seem so full of life. Especially little Zoey! What a cutie!

Wendy said...

Fun! I'm almost caught up from the summer too. I'm part way through August. That stinks that Savannah broke her foot right before girls' camp. She`ll just enjoy the experience that much more next year!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed