12/17/08

A Christmas Carol

Savannah was in the school play "A Christmas Carol". She is a shy child so this was hard for her, but she did great! Look at how cute they did her hair!



My parents and sister Emma came to watch





It was fun to watch my first child in her first school play. I feel like she is growing up too fast. I tell her she can't get older anymore and she just laughs at me.

I had a "milestone moment" the other day about Savannah and one of her ex-best friends. Savannah's feelings were hurt bad and I had a meltdown and sobbed for almost 2 hours...pathetic! She didn't cry...just me! Yeah, and this happened at school, while I was teaching. It was very sad. I had not felt that degree of heartbreak for my kids, it felt like my heart was being ripped to shreds. I can laugh about it now, well maybe not "laugh"...I'm still sad for my girl and sad that 5th grade girls can be so cruel, but I am calmer now. I wanted to tell Savannah that it gets better when she's older, but I think that's not true, there's always some mean/gossipy girls. SO you just have to be nice and not worry about it.

Sydney said, "Savannah, do you want me to go punch her?!" She's so funny and I DO NOT encourage that type of behavior. They are so different. Good sisters.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Savannah is looking so old. She is so cute. How cute to be in a play. What a doll, she really looks like one!!!

girlsmama said...

She looks so grown up! She is a beauty.

brobrofamily said...

Savannah is a Minnie you!!! She is sooo cute!!! I have shed many a tears for my oldest girl because of the MEAN girls. ah ah it can make you so mad!!! Cute cute cute family you should be very PROUD!!

Bonnie said...

Sally I know what you mean. It is so heartbreaking when someone or something hurts your child so deeply. I always wanted to just go grab the little brats and shake them but of course you don't. You cry, bite you tongue, give a few extra hugs and hope for the best. It is a cruel world out there to be sure.

She is a darling girl and I am totally in love with her name!

Anne Marie said...

Savannah looks beautiful! I love those curls. Great to see a picture of your parents too.

Don't even get me going on the whole gossiping/social games of girls and women. That's been a real issue in our ward lately. But, it's so much more heartbreaking when that stuff happens to your own kids. Girls can be so mean! Savannah's lucky to have a mom who cares about her so much.

Andrew Harker said...

She totally looks the part, especially with her British heritage supporting her for the play. Your parents look great. So does Emma. I haven't seen them for years.

Nat said...

Sally,

Could you give me a call? 420-4700

Tarin said...

Savannah looks so great!

I'm sorry she's had a hard time with some friends. Girls can be so mean. At least it seems you've raised a good, confident girl and she'll make it though okay.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed