12/6/08

Festivus for the "rest of us"

Today we went to Festival of Trees, the fabulous charity where every penny goes to Primary Children's Hospital. Check out these awesome trees

Glass Blown Tree, how incredible is that! Best tree there! My guess is it sold for $50 K...

cute Breezy and Sydney

the first of the Twilight trees...

Summer loved all the trees

amazing Gingerbread man display

hi Vanna

Twilight

LOVE the plate!

Zack was so cute holding Adam's hand

Summer's favorite tree

I loved the St. George Temple picture and statue of Christ with the children

the wooden tree


onto the gingerbread houses


The mother of them all, this baby started out at $2,000...


Twilight, Bella's house...Edward in the tree

Savannah's favorite


Zack's favorite because of the lego guy

Summer's favorite

The big apple

Santa's house

So creative!


After the Festival we went up the mountains, to have fun in the snow

I didn't plan too well for snow




we dragged Joe out of bed (ah, to be a teenager again!) to come with us

So far the Saturday has been fun and we are getting ready for the ward party so I'll have more pics! No "feats of strength" or "airing of grievances" YET! :)

16 comments:

Terri said...

What fun! Don't forget the festivus pole.. "I find Tinsel Distracting"
And there are always festivus miracles!
PS I do love the twilight tree!

girlsmama said...

I love the pics! We went to the festival too but it was so crowded, I don't have very good pics. Looks like fun! Say hi to the Stewarts for me!

Heather H said...

Sally, thanks for the pictures!! That glass tree is amazing! Where did you find snow? I really need to get our Christmas pics taken and it just seems like they should have snow in them! :)

Cannon Clan said...

wow that festival of trees is sooo different then the one in los alamos. we only had one big tree. wow!

Anne Marie said...

That looks like so much fun. All those houses and trees are beautiful. I'm so jealous of the snow...living in Texas for the past few years has definitely left me wishing for some.

Autumn said...

Oh, I love the Festival of Trees. Some people really know how to decorate!

Julie Markham said...

Your blog on the tree festival was better than the article in the newspaper! And of course they didn't have pictures of your kids, either, which made it even better!

Allison said...

Sally, do you love Seinfeld too? SIGH, we are practically twins! I miss that Festival of Trees- an awesome holiday tradition!

deputymomof6 said...

Thanks for the pics, now i dont have to go!! LOL, I have never been, but they were really beautiful!! I am on call this weekend, but off. Give me a call!! We could run up AF canyon and take the best photos with a snow covered mountain in the background at the parking lot of Pine Hollow. They are the best!!!

Mindy said...

How fun! I LOVE looking at trees and Christmas decoration. And wow - Twilight trees? I love it! Those gingerbread houses are so amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

Athack77 said...

My neighboor's mother always buy a tree from the festival and gives it to someone in need. They also buy the big candy display thing and put it up in their house and have a cookie party and let us neighbor kids come and see it and take pictures. This year they did something with a gingerbread theme. I didn't go and see it at the festival but I look forward to seeing it at the party. The festival of trees is amazing!

Wendy said...

How come I don't get the Twilight tree? Why is it a Twilight tree?

Sally said...

Have you read Twilight, Wendy? It's red, black, and you can't see all the detailed ornaments, so I guess it wasn't that obvious. :)

Tyra said...

That glass blown tree was gorgeous. I bet it looked even more so up close. The gingerbread houses were pretty impressive as well.

Jardinefamily said...

The glass blown tree actually only went for $26K. Our YW did a smaller tree this year and our friends do a tree every year in honor of their baby girl who died in infancy. We decided to take our kids this year. They were totally into it. It is such a great thing for PCMC.

Stephanie said...

I loved the Festival of Trees when we lived in Utah! How fun! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed