12/3/08

I love Holidays

Saturday night, after 11 hours in the car driving back from New Mexico, we went to get a tree! We wanted a real tree this year, we love the smell and we love to go as a family to pick one out. One year I want to go chop one down in the mountains.

Summer is excited

and Zack

but Savannah is so serious

Sydney indulges my photo obsession

When we decorate for Christmas we put on music, a fire, and bring out the treats!

the kids love to put on hats and festive headbands


Summer was most happy about the treats

Savannah helped dad with the lights



On Sunday we went to my parent's house to decorate, which we have done every year for as long as I can remember. With my mom it's a few days event, it can't all be done in a few hours. This time we only decorated the tree, we love it at the Millers, the kids love all the toys and decorations.

My mom collects Nutcrackers

Macie and Atlie




Sydney and Atlie...partners in crime :)

Sorry Angie, I just LOVE this picture!!!!



I love the holidays and all the family traditions! Can't wait for sugar cookies, lights at Temple Square and carriage rides, extended family visits, concerts, parties, and Christmas stories around the tree every night. Happy Holidays!

11 comments:

Jardinefamily said...

I can't believe you guys drove 11 hours and then put up your tree. You are die hard. We have our decorations up but not the tree. We're hoping this weekend. The pictures look great. I love the bangs on all the girls.

Bonnie said...

Sally, enjoy these wonderful times with your kids. I about started crying as I have been huffing and puffing around my house alone for two days trying to get the decorating done,,no treats, no help just plugging along alone here. Santa is working. So that leave me, myself and I. I am so glad you have lots of pictures, you will cherish them more and more as the years go by.

If you see my girl around town, give her a hug for me will ya?

Laura said...

Oh, looks like so much fun. What a fun family activity!

brobrofamily said...

Looks like soo much fun!!! You guys are always doing something fun!!!! I haven't decorated and have NONE of my Christmas shopping done!!!! ahhahhahh

Athack77 said...

Hey what a fun family tradition. I think getting out candy to eat is a really good idea too. Just think. soon you'll get 2 weeks off!

Nik said...

How fun Sally! I love the silly hats. We always listened to Michael Martin Murphy when we were putting the tree up when I was young.

Anne Marie said...

Beautiful pics! I love all the festive fun. The tree looks beautiful.

Autumn said...

Oh Sally seeing you all together at Nana's litterally brought a tear to my eye. I sure do miss family at Christmas time.

Kevin said...

I love all your pictures!

Sally said...

Autumn, we miss you too!!!!

deputymomof6 said...

Beautiful tree!!! Looks like a good time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed