3/3/09

Projects, Late Nights, Girls Nights, AND Pure Cuteness!!!

Tom refinished the hutch we got from his parents with his birthday money. It looks awesome! I loved it before but now it's fabulous! (It used to be all oak color and has new hardware)



Last Friday the kids had a late night...

What a "late night" looks like...

lots of food

lots of kiddos

mess in the boys room

mess in the girls room

Morgan and Savannah

Zack and Brenden

Sydney and Summer

Games!

Tom "hiding" on the computer


Girls Night, Cowgirl style! Lindsay hosted the first monthly themed girls night with the "Eagle Valley Girls". We had BBQ food, cowgirl names (I was Bobbie Jo), games, and lots of laughter.





Pure Cuteness! On Saturday I was driving home and felt like I should take a route home that I never do, and guess what I see on the side of the road...a sign saying free puppy. I should have kept driving, but I stopped and then it was ALL OVER. Cutest little thing I ever saw! Born on 12/26, Maltese/Shih-Tzu mix, I fell in love with it right away and could not say no! It was funny when I got home and brought Tom outside to see our new addition...he was 5 feet away and said, "You're taking it back!" Then as he got closer he said, "Ohhhh maaaan, it's cute!" And so we kept him. At least for now. I don't know how long it will last. A puppy is A LOT of work and I love him, Tom thinks he's cute but does not love him. So we are still on trial here...

The kids were absolutely shocked when they saw him. Tom pretended the kids were in trouble and called them all downstairs and then said, "Who made all this mess?" pointing to the pantry, then the kids all looked in and saw the puppy and started screaming and crying. It was precious! Savannah cried the hardest. Savannah and Sydney have read the puppy care book and all the kids have been really great helping and taking care of him.

Meet "Buddy" and our cat Nemo doesn't know what to think of him

He's as big as a guinea pig, isn't he darling?!

I love him!



Cutest face EVER!

the kids are in heaven


13 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That is the cutest puppy! And that is a HUGE GNO!

I also see you changed your name to Sally. I will have to remember that!

Laura said...

I love the towering cat over the little baby dog. So cute. Who could resist????

Laura said...

I love the hutch. Looks SOOOOO great!

Terri said...

oh he's so cute! I am glad I am not the only animal lover around! The hutch is beautiful too!

Allison said...

That puppy was FREE?? That is one dang good puppy. ENJOY! I LOVE your hutch!! It is a WOW!! And I wish I could have attended the cowgirl night. Yee-haw!!

Sherrie said...

Wow you've had a BUSY week or two. What a cute puppy! Love the themed GNO, what a fun idea.

Bates Blogger said...

What a cute dog! He's so tiny! I wish you had a video of the kids crying and screaming, I bet it was a priceless moment!

Tarin said...

Awww, cutest dog ever! I am baby hungry, and begging Dennis for a cute, sweet little doggie instead. Maybe next year...

Great pics! It always looks like you're having fun over there.

Stephanie said...

The hutch looks amazing! Way to go, Tom! I can see how you couldn't resist that puppy!

Mindy said...

That is the cutest puppy EVER! And I love that you just brought him home! That's such a cute story. I'm so happy for your kids! Puppies ARE a lot of work, but once you get through that potty training time, it's just awesome. Well, and the chewing. But then you just have a loyal faithful snuggler. :)

That hutch is awesome! Looks like something out of Pottery Barn!

That's it - we're having a cowgirl night next time I'm in UT. :)

Anonymous said...

Just love your adorable puppy - he must have been meant for you and that's why you took a different route home that night. Tom will grow to love him as much as the others I'm sure.

Autumn said...

Wow, this post has a lot going on! The hutch is beautiful and the dog is adorable. Everything else looks like tons of fun.

Anne Marie said...

That hutch is beautiful! That dog is darling. Hope you decide to keep him. Love the pics of Tom you gathered for his birthday.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed