8/10/08

Witch Doctor

Not really but it was "witching hour" at the doctor! Why I schedule all the kids appointments at the same time is beyond me!? I think the doc wanted to give them Ritalin shots right then and there! And the tension kept rising in me every second that passed...we were there for 90 minutes. It would not have been that bad except I could sense the doc's frustration, and his comments didn't help..., "do they ALWAYS giggle like this?", "you really have your hands full", "let me know how school goes the first few weeks"...

I really love my spirited children but it's hard when we go out to appointments or shopping, those are the times I want to die. Not really, I'm just being a drama queen...we all know they get their passion from me and their ADHD from Tom! Great combination! NEVER a dull moment in our house, but I do love it. And yes, I still want another little one or two, I think nothing could change that! :)

6 comments:

Valerie said...

If I had a nickel for every time I heard "you've got your hands full" I'd be rich!

Anne Marie said...

90 minutes at the doctor with four kids...ugh!!! I hate sitting in the waiting room and then in those tiny exam rooms (not made for families at all). At least you got all their appointments over with.

Laura said...

YOU ARE A TROOPER! I tried something similar earlier this year with our Dr. I think I will die about 10 year earlier as it induced incredible stress on me! I just hate hearing that frustration in others, when you are trying to cope with your own frustration too. Bring em here next time, while you take one at a time.

Sherrie said...

Hey maybe taking the all the kids to the doc isn't a bad thing, your doc might slip you a valium for later.

Athack77 said...

Oh no, I have so been ther when I felt like shooting myself at the doctor's office. Yes of course the silver lining was you got it all done at once, but still, I swear some doctors and nurses have NO people skills let alone the ability to work with kids. Give me a date for a girls night out and we can do something fun! Maybe even childish and immature? LOL Let me know what dates work for you!!

Allison said...

hmmm, sounds like it is time to go doctor shopping. I had the best pediatrician here, I wanted to totally be best friends and hang out with her, but she moved to Ct. and now I have tried several in the office, but some are condesending, some are not patient. . . it is hard to find a good one! The older the kids get, the less you go to the doc, so just hang in there!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed