5/18/08

Fishing Day at Salem Pond

These last few weeks of school are killing me...aside the fact that I am a drama queen, have had a few panic attacks, and wonder if I can survive the last 9 days of school...I really do LOVE my class and the fabulous ladies I get to work with! It is just amazing to be with these perfect spirits all day. I sometimes like to think about what our reunion in Heaven will be like (I hope they all put a good word in for me!), and I get choked up thinking about hugging my kids and talking to them! So cool!

Every year this amazing man funds a fishing day for all the special needs kids in the area! It is a hectic day to say the least but so fun for the kids! Each child gets to catch a fish! They even feed everyone lunch. Here are some pics from last Tuesday...

the bus ride (60 minutes!)

One of my favorite guys, he was terrified of the fish!

Fishing!

Cosmo from BYU was there and also Smokey the bear!

The best of the best! Only the best people work in Special Ed! (Sally, Tammy, Amy, Pam, Abby, Lindsey, Diane)

7 comments:

Cannon Clan said...

looks like a bunch of angels to me, you are amazing sally

Dawnelle Anderson said...

You must have so much patience. I really admire you for working with those kids.

Wendy said...

I am so jealous! You only have nine days, I have six weeks of school left! I hope the school year ends well - I'm sure it will!

Terri said...

I am glad we have angels like you to help with God's special spirits!

Athack77 said...

It one thing to care for other peoples kids in general, but it's completely different to care for those sweet kids with special needs. You ladies are saints for giving the parents an oppertunity to actaully have some time to themselves. I can't imagine their level of selfless service to their kids. I bet you feel the spirit every day around them and you'r wonderful with them! What a fun day!

Laura said...

Such cute pictures, looks like great fun for the kids, but a lot of stress and work for the adults. You are such a great teacher!!!

Nat said...

Did Lydia LOVE Cosmo? I wish I could have been there. I wish I had time to update my blog. Lydia misses school. I hate Katie Ballard.....she's moving!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed