2/18/09

Four-Eyes

I got glasses when I was 3, and hated them every day since. Of course I got called "four-eyes" and thought I was so ugly (no self esteem). I even asked my mom,

"Do you love me?"
She said, "Yes, of course I do!"
I said, "You HAVE to say that 'cause you're my mom! I know I'm ugly!" (Yeah, sad and dramatic).

I willed myself to not need my glasses in 7th grade, it was a true miracle for me! I guess you can do that when you're far sighted (and desperate!), and did not wear them again for a LONG time - only for reading when absolutely necessary!. I started to get lots of headaches so I finally got contacts after my mission.

I only had an old pair of glasses from 1980 that I used for reading or when I had no contacts. My kids laughed whenever I wore them! My whole family laughed at me when I wore them! I will post a picture because they really ARE hideous! Huge, coke bottle, bug-eye, glasses! This summer, after wearing my 1 month contacts for 5 months I thought, what if I try a new pair of glasses??? $350 dollars later I have updated my glasses! (I thought it would be cheaper than contacts but not so with my huge prescription!)

So ta-da here are my new eyes...

First time in my life I have not HATED my glasses!


At my parent's house, Savannah playing with Millie

kids playing wii



Savannah stays with Millie and Toby whenever we're at my parent's house

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I like the glasses!

Kristina P. said...

Those look great! I have a pair that are pink.

Terri said...

Cute glasses... I love mine! I think your's are sassy!

Allison said...

Sally + new glasses = smexy
(Smart and sexy!)
Love the new look. I love to wear my glasses. . . when I am feeling cute. If I am in old sweats, I don't feel so cute in my glasses! Your Valentines' Day sounded perfect!

Anne Marie said...

Those glasses look great on you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed