2/24/08

The Aquarium!

Feb. 23, we had a family outing to the aquarium in Sandy.  It was fun!  We have such cabin fever...this winter has been too long and too harsh for a family who thrive on the outdoors!  As soon as it is warm we will be in the mountains at least 2 times a week!  Can I just vent for a minute?  OK, so now that I am a working mom and we only have the weekend to do things it is extremely hard!  I feel like I am gone all week and then when I am home I am trying to catch up on laundry, cleaning, shopping, etc. when all I want to do is play with my family!!  It really got to me this weekend so I was really happy to get out of the house and go to the aqaurium, we then took the kids to play at the McDonalds playplace, then finished the night with shopping at Walmart.  So now it's Sunday night, we had a fun day going to church, coming home to pot roast, afternoon naps (just me), cheese and crackers for dinner, making cookies with dad, watching America's Funniest Home Videos, looking through scrapbooks, having family home evening and I have work tomorrow, and I could cry...I just want to stay at home and have 2 more kids!  :)   So there's my feelings.  Sometimes my blog is like a christmas letter, all the good things, none of the hard times, so thought I would share.  I do know we have been blessed , I am so happy to be a wife and a mom, we have the Savior in our lives, we have so many comforts, and we have our health.  There I ended on a positive!  :)   Now here are some cute pics of the kids...






Touching the sting rays...




7 comments:

Athack77 said...

Thanks for the reminder about the aquarium. I've been wanting to do a fun activity with the kids, and I forgot about the aquarium in Sandy.
I've often thought how hard it must be to have a job and a young family as well. I do know that when there are certain things we have to do (like have a job so our family can have health benefits) the Lord give us special blessings to help us. (the apostles have told us this) I'm sure the hardest part is wanting to be home. I've learned that there is a time and season for everything in our life and situations are often not permanet even though it feels like it sometimes. You are an amazing woman and mom who's raising great kids! Don't forget that during hard days!! Love ya!

Laura said...

How fun!!! Looks like you had a GREAT family weekend!!!

Kelli Proctor said...

I didnt know there was an aquarium in Sandy? Let me know where it is, my kids would LOVE that! Anyway, so fun to go! It was way fun hearing from you and your family is so cute! CJ goes to Little Scholars and Austin goes to The Ranches Academy! We live in the Ranches so we will miss out on you being a teacher for them! Do you love it, other than wanting to stay at home and have 2 more kids?:)

Sally said...

I DO love the job, and it is great to have my summers off and good hours etc. I love the Ranches! My kids want to move here to be closer to friends but out here in City Center is just too far away, and we LOVE Lehi! (The aquarium is on 750 E 10600 S.)

Kim said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!
Go to my Blog for directions :)

meg.. said...

Looks like a fun aquarium. Didn't know there was one in Sandy, but we really like the one in ABQ. Are Tom's parents still in WR? Would love to see you the next time you're here for a visit.
http://blog.tripp.org/megan

V and Co. said...

ooh ryan loooves that aquarium, he went on a field trip there for preschool, i can't make him shut up about it! maybe i'll take the kids on spring break!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed