2/16/08

My England Room


Tom is so cute, he has been working on my birthday present for over a month now!  It was to finish the old preschool room, paint the laundry room, and paint some furniture.  He has been working so hard!  I have always wanted a themed room of England so we decided to do the laundry room.  Tom painted it all blue and then put some things we have from England on a shelf.  It is just the beginning but I am excited!  My Aunt Barb brings gifts over from England for my kids every time she comes and I confiscated them for my room!  SO if anyone has some cute British knick knacks they would like to donate....

Here is part of the laundry room.  I want to find some fabric with British flags and cover the bench cushion.
I can't remember where we got these, they are actually dish towels, I think.

These are some of the things I took off the kids :)  They let me!

Tom wants to paint the flag on the ceiling, I think it will be cool!!


9 comments:

Ker said...

Love it-- I have a bear for you as well. It is holding a flag. I am so glad I re-found your blog. I lost it when my computer crashed.

Anonymous said...

Cute room! I LOVE the blue, too!

Bates Blogger said...

What a fun room! I have a Beatrix Potter kitty figuerine I should send your way. One of our great-aunts gave it to me when we went to England eons ago... Wendy would remember which one!

Laura said...

There is no better present than a finished project!!! Awesome! The room is great!

Wendy said...

The figurine was from Frieda. And I've been trying to think of something I could add to your room and I'm coming up empty... I just keep going back to wine gums, but you'd just eat those!

V and Co. said...

love tom for doin that! can't wait to see the painting of the flag!!!
i think i have a cup from there, it's jake, i'll ask him if i can give it to you!

Athack77 said...

What a fun gift! I love the little bears! I wish my laundry room was this awesome, maybe I'd like doing laundry then!

Heather H said...

That is adorable!! I think the flag on the ceiling would be cool.

Kelli Proctor said...

Hey, I saw you guys on the Thackerey site and it is so fun to see your family on here, so cute! I also ran into Amy at the store today and she said you teach out here. What school do you teach at?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed