2/13/08

Happy to be alive...

OK, so most of you know I am a "drama queen" but today it took me more than 2 hours to drive home from school, which normally takes only 10 minutes!!!  The main road from Eagle Mountain was closed because of a 16 car pile up, so cars were routed to take the back roads in Saratoga Springs.  Let me set the stage for you...blizzard, white out conditions, crazy wind, multiple vehicles crashed or off the road, miles of cars, moving at a snails' pace of course, me crying, kids crying, me and kids praying, van sliding on and off the road every 5 min, me crying some more, wondering if we were going to be stuck, feeling the wind blow the van, Sydney scared it's a tornado, can't see 5 feet in front of you, did I mention 100 mile/hour winds (OK that may be dramatized, but NOT much!), seeing telephone poles bend and wires going everywhere, ice so thick on every window I had to try to put down my window to see the 5 feet in front...you get the idea, not fun!  I dare say I do not want to get into my van again any time soon!  Can we say "school better be closed tomorrow!"  We definitely said some more prayers when we made it home safely!!  It's almost midnight and I'm still worked up about the ordeal.  Are the rest of my Utah friends and family alright???

7 comments:

BrookeLynn said...

Hey Cannon Fam, Good to see you all. It's fun to check up you guys time to time. Ben and I have a blog spot, too. Check it out. PS I'm adding you to mine. benandbrookerollins.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I am glad you are OK---how scary. BTW, Mindy will be here Monday and so will Shauna, and so will I , and hopefully so will you, and we can all play. My cell phone may be up and running again by then-----MAYBE!!! You will have to check out my latest post that is about your little Summer. YOu should get a good laugh from it. Love, Laura

Heather H said...

I am so glad you guys are okay. That was one crazy storm! Luckily the kids and I were safe at home watching it.

Kate said...

Tom,

How are you? This Nate Delahunty. My wife (blog queen) came across your family blog and kept it up all day to show me when I got home tonight. You have an awesome family. I'd love to catch up some time and see how things are going for you. You can check out our family at delahuntyfam.blogspot.com. My email is ndelahun@netscape.net.

BrookeLynn said...

Nate, Katie, and I were all in the same ward (neighborhood). Our parents all still live there. It's a small world that's for sure. I always link off peoples blogs to see who they know and most of them know the same people I do. I have ran into several people I grew up in Wisconsin with. It's a crazy world out there!

the Token Asian said...

SO glad ur safe. Can't wait for more 50 deg. days!!

Athack77 said...

Chris works at IM FLASH in Lehi on SR 92 and it's about 4 miles from our home in Alpine. Chris got stuck on the road over to Draper/Suncrest and only got home after 3 hours becasue he got creative and went over one of the medians that had grass on it. He passed the 2 stranded school buses and a snow plow and about 20 other stranded cars. He felt so bad that couldn't help anyone but he didn't have a hat and he was almost out of gas. He finally went south on the north bound lane and made it to SR 92 so he could come home. In the morning there was still 10 cars abandonded. It was very nerve racking! We're glad that's all over.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed