2/3/08

Update on Summer's Sleep Study

So the results are that she is having 3 episodes of sleep apnea an hour. One doctor thinks it is centralized and another doctor thinks it is obstructive. I guess the difference is one is in the brain and the other is tonsills and adnoids. So they want to take out the tonsills and adnoids and then do another sleep study. If there is no change after that then I don't know what the options are, I guess we will just wait and see. This is so minor compared to my family and friends who are going through some tough times. Our prayers are with Uncle Steve, Heidi, and Miss Jen and their families.

6 comments:

V and Co. said...

wow...i hope all goes better after they take those things out!

Heather H said...

I hope that solves the problem, prayers for you guys and your family.

Jen Stewart said...

How is Heidi's baby??

I was just commenting on Vanessa's blog about how much we love PCMC. They are just awesome up there and will take such good are of you!

Let us know when you are going in. I can give you the scoop on where all the good stuff is in the hospital!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the update. I hope the tonsil/adenoid surgery does the trick, and you're all sleeping better soon!

deputymomof6 said...

How sad. I hope that works!! My son is having surgery on the 25th at Primary Children's. I hate it when kids are not well, it is worse on me than if it were just me. :( Our prayers are with you all. And, sorry.... I have been swamped. Was going to call you last night, it was Ryan and Kaila's birthdays, we went out to eat. So exciting when you get old. Kaila went to a concert. She is 18 now.... I am getting OLD!!!

Katie said...

Hey Sally. I just "found" your blog through Jennifer Thomas's and thought I'd say hi. I didn't know Summer was having sleep problems. I'm so sorry! Hopefully having the tonsils and adnoids out helps!

Katie Lewis

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed