3/26/08

Happy ending to a hard day...

There's nothing like waking up to messages from all your para educators that they won't be at school today! All of them gone at the same time for unforeseen circumstances! It is very hard to find subs for special ed! Then my cute secretary calls in a panic, "Sally! Did you know you're going to be alone today???!!" I wanted to say, "Can't we just cancel class because there is NO way I can do it by myself!!" But a very awesome mom of one of my students volunteered to sub and they found someone else to help me in the morning. For those who don't understand what a severe special ed class looks like I will try to explain...12 kids ages 6-8, 5 in diapers, 3 who wander/run away, all need one-on-one help, all on a preschool level and attention spans of flies.. I felt like I was trying to herd kittens on speed all day today! I love my class dearly but it is so hard without my great aides! Needless to say I was/am exhausted, I called Tom and said, "I cannot do anything tonight." So he was sweet to suggest that we go out as a family for Summer's birthday to the Mayan restaurant. YAY!






I guess on M,T,W they have fire eaters. It was hilarious when the show started because we were right up front and Zack shouted, "You shouldn't play with fire!" He's right!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Great ending to a bad day. I am amazed you survived. Talk about a rough day!!!!!

Wendy said...

Kittens on speed - I love the analogy!

Athack77 said...

I'm glad to know you survived a very long day. If anyone could handle all that, you can! Nice picture of the fire eater! Yumm!

Heather H said...

I am also amazed that you survived, and I laughed out loud at your kittens on speed analogy, too funny!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, you are Wonder Woman! The Mayan looks like fun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed