3/29/08

Here we go again...

Before reading this post click on the Josh Groban "You are loved" song on my playlist, it will add emotion while reading... :)

I asked Tom if I could write about this personal experience for a few reasons, (1) I use my blog to journal and (2) I want to share our faith with friends and family who read our stories. So here goes, on Friday 3/28 Tom calls me and says , "You are not going to believe this! The company is going under!" I immediately thought he was teasing me like he frequently does, but after a few minutes I knew he was serious. Instead of feeling utter panic and crying I kind of laughed and said, "Well, we've been through this before and things always work out." Tom and I both felt peace. We've been through this 4 times in 4 years!!!! So, bring it on! Life is full of challenges and ups and downs. Tom and I feel so blessed to have the gospel, our family and friends, good health, and freedom. Everything else is just temporal stuff. I'm not saying it's easy and I know there may be days where all I eat is chocolate and cry a lot but I feel such strength from Heavenly Father. The past 4 times we have gone through a trial like this Tom has just been amazing and stalwart! He is my strength and positive influence. I tend to be a little negative and worry a lot, Tom counteracts all that. The thing we both find so amazing is that each time we have come out in a better situation, things we could not have foreseen, doors were open that we never knew were there! Family, friends, and our church were such HUGE blessings!! So I am hoping this time is the same...we have been praying for a way to get me back home (not teaching and maybe another baby) and maybe this will be an answer! Another incredible thing is the fact that I am working and have health benefits. Over a year ago Tom and I both felt I should go back to teaching. It was a VERY hard decision and I cried a lot (and still do, I did NOT want to quit my cute home preschool...) but we couldn't believe how strongly we felt it was the right thing to do at the time. Well, now it has blessed us TWO times in less than a year!! We feel very grateful for me to have a stable income and benefits! Plus I work great hours and have the summers off with my babies. So really I should quit my complaining! I am excited to say that my baby Summer will be in the preschool at my school next year too! Another blessing. So during this "storm" Tom and I feel very calmed by our Heavenly Father. I keep thinking out of all the trials we could have this is really minor. As long as we have each other and the gospel we can get through anything! I just wanted to share my feelings and say that I know our Heavenly Father loves us, knows us, knows our names (the one we have here and the one He gave us), He is in control, I know these things with all my heart and it makes ALL the difference in my life!

17 comments:

Laura said...

That sucks. You are so full of faith---you are amazing! (He really needs to call Brandon and apply at L-3---sometimes they are looking for key words on the resume----) Don't be shy---give me a call!

2 + 2+1 = 5 said...

Sally, what does he do for a living?

Emma B.

Sally said...

He's a Human Resource Director.

Mindy said...

Sally, you are amazing. I always forget how full of faith you are until I'm with you (or read stuff from you) and then I remember in 10 seconds why you're so amazing! I'm so proud of you for being calm and optimistic in the face of challenge. It certainly isn't easy but it really shows the kind of people you and Tom are...

Heather H said...

I am sorry about his job, but it is great that you can see the positive. I hope you guys find a way to let you be home with your babies sometime, although there are days I wish I could go to work and leave my monkeys with someone who is happier and nicer to them then me. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Athack77 said...

Sally, I'm sorry to hear about this added stress. Check out the link to Chris work, and maybe they have something that will be a fit for Tom. Chris is in purchasing, but if there's a job that Tom might fit, call us and maybe Chris can give Tom's resume to the right people. Keep us posted!
http://www.imftech.com/

Tarin said...

Sally, I'm so sorry about Tom's job, but so glad that you're feeling as positive as possible about it all.

Have him give Dennis a resume to take in to Novell if you dare chance it with them! We've made it through so many lay-offs it's crazy, but it's worth a shot.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers. At least you're getting close to summer break!

V and Co. said...

sally i'm so sorry! but yes your fait is amazing and if you feel at peace that can only mean things will be okay, we will keep you in our prayers!

Cannon Clan said...

sally, sorry to hear it! you have the best atttitue about it, everything will work out. we love you and your family!

Tyra said...

What an inspiration you are!!! I would be in a panic. Thank goodness for your faith in better things that aren't always seen.

Terri said...

Sal, I hope your trial is shorter rather then longer! Your attitude and Faith are amazing, don't forget that you have so many people that love you, including us. We'll keep you in our prayers too.
-T

Katie said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry! I hope that things work out for you again. It's true that usually looking back, it all works out for the best. Good luck!

Jenny said...

Sally, your faith and positive attitude are incredible. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, but I know things will work out. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Seriously.

Wendy said...

Sally - does this outpouring of love just overwhelm you or what?! I add my love to the rest - you'll be in our prayers.

meg.. said...

What a huge bummer. I'm so sorry your family is going through this again. I'm glad you have faith and a positive attitude. Did you know that they're hiring a new Recreation Division Manager here in LA? I don't think they're taking apps anymore, but I know the woman doing the hiring (I'm on the parks & rec board) and I'm sure I could get his resume to her with a reference. Good luck!

Allison said...

Hi Sally,
Allison Smith here.(fellow NJite!) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I have really enjoyed reading your blog- your style is so cute and upbeat, and your family is simply darling. Your husband seems like an amazing man, but curse that Eric for breaking your heart!!
I am sorry about the job loss. We have been there as well, and I know that although it was tough, we have always been blessed with what we need, and you will be too.
Great to reconnect- hope to see you again on my blog!
Allison
p.s. I am a substitute teacher and have subbed in many special ed. classes. I would have totally had your back on that day. I need to contact you- I am thinking of getting my credential.

Sally said...

Thanks for all your kind words and encouragement! It makes me cry, a happy cry.

Allison, when are you moving back to Sandy!?? You would be a great Spec Ed teacher, and there are always jobs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed