3/10/08

Sunday Scoop

This week at church the talks were on raising a righteous family. The talks were awesome, as I listened I ignored my kids :). During one of the talks about mothers, Sydney leans over to me and says, "I don't want you to be a teacher mom!" Me, "Why not?" Syd, "Because I just want you to be home." Me...bawl! On a funny note, one of the speakers said his kids describe their home as "stupid, retarded, worst place on Earth." Summer says really loud, "Mommy, he said a bad word!" She WAS listening! One thought I really liked was "If it's not cute on a 16 yr old, it's not cute on a 2 yr old." Meaning anything from attitude, behavior, or clothing. Good advice to stop it when they're young! Another thought, we hold our kids free agency in trust. I agree, my house is not a democracy! If my kids are anything like me....well, I wasn't that bad but I was a brat teenager, I am going to be a basket case in about 4 years! I don't think I will deal well with my kids hating me, maybe they won't. Next thing I got from the talks was that we need to undo what the world has done during the day, so like right after school, at dinner time, before bed, talk to our kids! One more cute thing that happened on Sunday was after we had our family meal Summer went and got the Book of Mormon. We read everyday after dinner so I was impressed that she did that on her own. We always discuss a lot when we read and I think it is so cute when Tom asks a question Summer wants to answer with "Jesus" every time, just to be involved.

I will have to back up tonight and post about Saturday, but later.

4 comments:

V and Co. said...

arnt some sundays sooo worth it?! someother ones i can do without, like when they are super naughty, but when i actually can listen i love it!

Athack77 said...

Your post is the reason I go to church. I need to be told things like that all the time so I can stay on track. I promise your kids won;t hate you when they're older, what's not to love about you? You're so kind and thoughtful, and always helping others. Just remember they see that too! :o)

Laura said...

Love all you shared. You are such a great Mom, your kids are very blessed to have you. I think we are all in for some grief in the teen years. But, that is why we have each other!!!

Heather H said...

Thanks for sharing a little of the talks that were given, I was home with sick babies so I missed them.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed