4/2/08

Like I need another addiction...

I got Photoshop Elements for my birthday and have only just begun to explore it. I am a freak already with pictures and journaling and scrapbooking and blogging, so combine them all and you get digital scrapbooking which will now cut more into my sleep time. There are a million freebies to download and guess what I have been doing for hours...well at least I'm not eating cake (the stress is starting to kick in). So this is a great distraction for me. Not so much for Tom because I am on the computer WAY more now (and he can't do his writing), we'll just have to get another computer...ha!

Side note, today at school one of my sweet students cracked his head open while he was running toward me, he tripped and hit his head hard on a concrete slab! I grabbed him up, ran to the office and tried not to panic and bawl. I thought we were going to have to call an ambulance because he was starting to lose consciousness, but then he was ok until his mom got to the school. She was mad/upset. I was too. But she said to me, "You're lucky I'm not a black woman!" What was that supposed to mean??!! Was she threatening me? I think she was. I guess I am lucky? So I am a little upset, I'm so worried about my student. I think he only needs stitches but I won't know until tomorrow. I told Tom the story and he said, "I SO want you to come home." Yeah, me too. Even though I LOVE special ed, I want to be home while my kids are little (and I want another baby). :) Am I beginning to sound like a broken record yet? Imagine how Tom feels...every time he asks me, "What are you thinking about?" Guess what the response is..."Baby!" I know, I know, many people are rolling their eyes right now or laughing. I can't help it! Hey, I have been this way forever! (I better have a ton of grandkids!)

My eyes are getting blurry and Tom keeps asking me how late I'm going to stay up...

10 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you're getting into it! Let me know if you need any help! I'm sorry about that little boy. I hope he's okay (and that his mom calms down!)

Terri said...

About addictions, I have a few myself. I was actually going to post about them today, weird. Anyway, I hope you have a better day at work today. Love You!

Laura said...

Is this new program responsible for your cute new header? It is so cute, love it. Glad to know about your addiction so I can add one more to my life too. What gall that Mom had at your school. What a peice of work. RIH to her. (i'll tell you what that means later.)

Ker said...

Hey girl friend-you better not love digital TOOOOO much. Remember me your "real" scrapbooking pal! AND I know that all the desires of your heart will happen for you and Tom.

Unknown said...

I don't think she was threatening you, I just think that she is a racist! Ha! j/k I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like you tripped the kid or anything. But if she gives you any problems, I can just come over and unleash my red-head Californian fury on her and have a throwdown, then she'll know not to threaten you in any way, shape, or form. Hey, if I do that, would it count as visiting teaching for the month!? ;)

Sally said...

My student got 5 stitches but is ok. Big sigh! I couldn't sleep last night, and it had nothing to do with the fact that I was up until 2:00am playing on photoshop...what do I think I am 20 again???!!

Jenelle, thanks that made me laugh! And reading my blog counts! :) Do you have one?

Heather H said...

Oh that poor little boy but what a terrible thing for the mom to say to you, its not like you tripped the kid. I really need to learn the digital scrapbooking process, maybe in all your free time you should teach a little class :)

Allison said...

Oh boy I am jealous about your photoshop. And also now I am mad. Just who did that woman think she was? Today I subbed in the FAN room (functional academic needs) and a library shelf fell on a little girl's forehead. She was fine too, just a large lump. Have fun with your new toy!

Sherrie said...

I have the same addiction, James just asked if I'm ready for bed and I mutter yeah, he knows that means about 2am.

V and Co. said...

i need photoshop, especially if it makes you stop eating chocolate cake! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed