10/5/08

Conference Weekend

General Conference is a worldwide meeting that happens twice a year in October and April where the leaders of the church speak to all the members. I'm sad it's over. What a spiritual feast! It filled my soul. And can I tell you how much I love watching it in my own home, with DVR, so we can stop, rewind, and listen to things again! Tom and I like to take notes during the talks and write down impressions we get, so we don't forget to ACT on the promptings we received! It's hard to write when you have a little child on your lap, but I'm not complaining, I love that Summer stayed on my lap for most of the conference! I kissed her a lot! If you would like to read what the leaders of the church said to the world wide church you can read it HERE . I know these men and women are inspired, called of God, and love all of us. Tom and I watched a special TV program on our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and we kept saying, "He's such a great man!" He truly loves the Lord and all people!

I am so thankful for the missionaries who taught my parents in England more than 40 years ago and for my parents who accepted the gospel and made me who I am today. I don't like to think about how my life might be if that event never happened. I hope I would have accepted the Savior regardless. I am just happy to have Him in my life and the knowledge that He calls prophets in our day just like He did in the past. It makes all the difference and I can't imagine going through life and trials without Him.

I will continue this thought later, right now my 4 little ones are running crazy through the house, jumping off the furniture, chasing each other, and screaming. Time to bring order to my house! :)

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I loved General Conference. President Monson's talk on Sunday morning was my very favorite. It made me want to really enjoy each day.

Unknown said...

I couldn't comment on the haircut poll but I vote for shoulder length AND bangs! And I volunteer to do it for you!

Jeremy said...

Hi Sal - I miss you. I sarted to comment on this post and it turned into an essay, so I decided to post my thoughts on my blog. I am glad we have a family of faith. I never really knew what it took for Mom and Dad to get us to church, but regardless of the challange, they took us every week! I honestly can't remember missing church once. It's hard for me to even think of them as converts because of their example. Anyway, love you and talk to you later!

Jenny said...

Conference was great! I like to take notes, too, and I love the DVR so I can pause or rewind if things get a little crazy with the kids!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed