10/23/08

Not my favorite thing...

Things usually happen in 3's...

1. Tom got in a car wreck, not his fault, a lady ran into him while he was stopped. He's ok but in typical guy fashion he won't go to the doctor! He says he's fine, only whip lash and his back hurts!!! When he called to tell me about the accident I didn't believe him, because he always tricks me like this, he's a jokester! He started by telling me he was in the hospital and they had to amputate his hand or something so of course I didn't believe him, I can't remember how long it took him to convince me he wasn't playing a joke! Maybe when he started telling me details, I kept saying, "Are you seroious?!" and "Please don't joke." His car has to be in the shop for a few days, the officer tied the bumper up with some sort of police tape. The rental car is a minivan and I got to drive it to work today, heaven! I gave him grief all last night about going to the doctor, to no avail. Instead I had to give him a long massage. I was so tired I fell asleep while I was massaging his legs!!!

2. Another not so fun event happened yesterday when one of my students threw away an orthopedic fork (worth $50) with his lunch. Nobody realized it soon enough so when we finally did the only thing to do was go through the entire schools' lunch trash bags (1,200 students)! 11 bags! Huge bags full of garbage and of course the lunch was tacos...nothing like cholcolate milk and salsa goop! I still have to repress the gag reflex as I think about it. Myself and my awesome assistant principal, went through the trash for 30 minutes! I had gloves on but still got trash juice all over my clothes. Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!!!!! And the worst part is, after all that, we never found the fork!!!

3. I'm just waiting for it! :)


A good thing is the weight off my head thanks to chopping 6 inches off! Thanks Gina! Here's a picture off my laptop...

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jen has had her 3 this week too Pretty scary and she had a wreck too! All is pretty much OK but Chloe had five staples in her head as a result if falling on their deck this pm. I have forgotten #2 so~stay in bed and cover up your head. Speaking of which..I lvoe your haircut...it is the one I voted for!

Nik said...

Cute hair Sally! I'm sorry you had to go through all that garbage. I'm repressing my gag reflex too!

Julie Markham said...

Sally -- I love your haircut! Corinne was just in an accident, exactly like Tom's. Dr. Brother Jeff said that if her neck still hurt in 4 days to go see the doctor. Does that help?

Laura said...

LOVE the haircut. I am so sorry about the accident, and about the trash. What a nightmare. Hopefully you get three good things this next week.

I am almost out of that drink that you introduced me to.

Tarin said...

So sorry about the accident, and having to dig in the trash. Not fun!

On the bright side, your hair looks FABULOUS. I love it.

Susan said...

I love the haircut. It's great. So sad about the wreck. Men are tough ones to get to the doctor. I hope the whiplash goes away.

Sherrie said...

Love the hair! So sad to go from simple pleasures to a week like this!

deputymomof6 said...

LOVE the hair!!

I feel your pain, my disasters just came in three sets of three. Good thing your luck isn't as bad as mine....

And I also had to dig through the garbage at Gandolfos because I lost the cover to my cell phone. I never found it, either. To make it worse, I went in to the Sprint store and they gave me TWO new ones. If I had known that, I never would have bothered to look for it at all!!! :)

Terri said...

Sal, love the hair, you still have some fun lenth, the bangs are great too. Oh, and I laughed out loud about the fork, sorry, I know it's not funny but thinking about sifting through trash to find a (wait for it)... orthopedic fork (My feable brain can't even fathom what that looks like)made me smile. You are such a blessed teacher!

Jenny said...

Cute hair! It looks great on you! Sorry that you've otherwise had such a downer week, though. Hope things start looking up for you!

Anne Marie said...

Your hair looks awesome! so sorry about the car accident and the fork. Digging through the trash sounds like a total nightmare!

girlsmama said...

I've done the trash thing before. Yuck. I love your hair! It is a very flattering cut. I hope Tom really isn't hurt!

Kevin said...

No matter what number three turns out to be, just remember that you look great! And that's all that really matters.

Bacons-Bits said...

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad to hear Tom is OK! Sorry about the fork too. However, to top it off, you did get a very nice haircut Sally!

--Jon

Wendy said...

Love the hair! Sucks about the accident.

Tyra said...

Your hair looks super cute. It hopefully balances out all the rough stuff. I am sorry to hear about such a difficult week.

Katie said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it. And I hope Tom's okay!

sonya d said...

You went through 11 bags of garbage for a $50 fork?? Not worth it!! I'd rather be in a car accident than do that. (just kidding--I don't even have a car.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed