10/21/08

Simple Pleasures

Today while driving home from school, we (the kids and I), were all singing along to music, one of my favorite things.

A few weeks ago I downloaded the Mamma Mia soundtrack and would listen to it in the car, A LOT, Sydney said, "Mom! I hate Mamma Mia! Why do we have to listen to it all the time?!" I laughed, and Tom was proud of her (he's NOT a fan of musicals).

So today I asked Sydney what she wanted to listen to and she said, "Mamma Mia! I love Mamma Mia!" Ah, that's my girl!!! (Tom is cringing right now as he reads this!)

This made me think of some of my favorite things and simple joys in life and I wanted to make a list. Not in any particular order...just things I heart;

Singing in the car with all my kids!
Music in general, LOVE it!
Crisp fall days with the bright blue sky against the fall colored mountains
Going in the mountains with the family
Going to church
Hearing the primary children sing "If the Savior stood beside me..."
Temples and temple grounds, always beautiful and peaceful
Watching my kids sleep
Hearing my kids pray
New baby smell, well anything to do with babies!
Watching slides with the family
Cuddling with my honey
Sitting down for family dinner and talking about our days
Holiday decorations
Fabric, buying it & sewing something
Watching Tom rough house with the kids, and hearing all the giggling/screaming
Teaching my special needs students (I love them!)
Watching the stars (I never knew how full the sky could be...being from NJ and all)
Hearing from friends, new and old, which is one reason I love blogging
Cows
Listening to my girls play piano
Watching the kids play soccer (even though I am grateful for the break)
When Tom gets home!!!!
Naps (what a joke now...I never get one!)
Scrapbooks
My camera (sob...)
New hair cuts (which I have now but since I don't have a camera you'll have to wait...)
Hugs
Letters and packages from grandparents
Extended family gatherings
Shopping in craft stores (just window shopping for now)
A full fridge and pantry
British chocolate and candy
Comments on my blog
A clean/organized house
De-junking spaces
Reading a good book
Family home evening
Cooking with the kids
Reading Tom's writings
Seeing Tom's art
Getting notes and art from the kids
New shoes/clothes at the beginning of each school year
Christmas Eve
Morning b-day donuts
A lazy morning and all the kids pile into bed with us
Making someone a meal for surprise
Random acts of kindness (I have been the recipient and the one giving, try it, it will make your day, example- in a drive through, pay for the person behind you in line)


I could keep going but I have to put my kids in bed. :) Happy thoughts.




9 comments:

Terri said...

Yes, quite good things to love. I love british candy too!!!

Bonnie said...

Excellent reminder of the really important things. Thanks for sharing and I hope you get a camera soon!

V and Co. said...

:) yes happy thoughts...and now your kids are in bed... more happy thoughts!

Mindy said...

What an awesome list Sal! I need to do that because the only kinds of lists I make lately are To Do ones and those don't necessarily make me happy. :)

OK, so what version of Mamma Mia did you download? The movie one? The original ABBA? The broadway version? I can't decide which one I should get. Let me know asap because I need that in my life. :)

Anne Marie said...

Love your list of things you love. I should do one myself. Hope you find your camera soon.

Sally said...

Mindy, I got the movie soundtrack but I also like the original by ABBA.

Fun fun

Nothing more fun than blasting the song Mamma Mia and all the kids are singing along! :)

So, do I get to see you when you're in UT????

Angie said...

I love singing with the kids in the car too! Macie is usually two words behind!
AND.....there was nothing funnier than hearing Jace sing Mama Mia in a mocking voice to Amanda after she made him listen to it for the millionth time!

Wendy said...

Sally - you're the best!

Allison said...

I loved getting a peek into your favorites. Well, we can now totally hang out because we can eat Yorkie bars and Cadbury Flakes and sing show tunes, while taking pictures of our kids and blogging the whole thing! You are the bomb dot com sister!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed