10/25/08

Funny

10/24 I got home from school with the girls (Zack is in St. George with my parents lucky boy!) and I go to unlock the front door and jump back suddenly. Guess what was sitting there? A huge, hairy, nasty, evil, butt ugly spider! (Sorry Terri but I am a true arachnophobe!) Want to guess how long it took me to get rid of it? Too long! We were all throwing things at it to get it to move off the door, we were all screaming every time it moved. It must've been a sight to see all of us on my porch making noise for 15 minutes!

I can give myself a 2 inch needle every day but I can't get rid of a spider! What's wrong with me? If I had my camera I would've taken a picture...I do NOT enjoy blogging as much without pictures!

Savannah was the one who finally saved the day with a branch! I am a big baby! :) And I couldn't go use another door because the every time I went through the front door I would wonder where the monster was! It had to go.

When I was growing up it was a joke how I screamed like I had just gotten seriously hurt only to find out it was just a spider.

So I just took a 5 minute break to get Summer a drink, and I opened the back door to throw something into the recycling bin...and yelled! There was another spider right near my head!!! They must be out to get me now! I am not kidding! OK, I'm done, no more talk of spiders! It gives me the hee-bee-jee-bees!!!!

7 comments:

Julie Markham said...

It's time to go to Home Depot and buy some spider spray and exterminate the outside of your house. It's getting cold -- they want to get in! Or, put a sign up directing them to Terri's.

Terri said...

Sally sally sally, I love you, and apprently spiders do too! By the way, spider spray won't help get rid of them, it will kill spiders if sprayed directly, otherwise you're out of luck. Anyway, it probably their mating season... They're just looking for some lovin' but they'll move on soon enough, and hopfully you'll get to see their babies soon too!

Sally said...

Thanks for reminding me about the babies! :( I'm going to have nightmares tonight!!!!

Bonnie said...

Can't stand any kind of bugs! Sorry, Sal. I hope the babies moved next door.

Bates Blogger said...

Ooooh. I hate spiders too. Good thing we have kids who aren't as scared of everything as we are :) My favorite thing to get them with is the vacuum cleaner because I can hold the long tube far enough away from me while it sucks them up!

Tyra said...

Do what I do and spray the whole exterior of the house with spider spray--we get a lot coming inside in OR. I also keep spider spray indoors but spraying outside keeps them from coming in. Maybe it was just an early Halloween prank by someone.

brobrofamily said...

Sally- I stumbled across your blog. I hate spiders tooooo. Remember on the mission that big old spider in our apartment and we both were freaking out. We both were afraid to kill it? I think you killed it with hairspray. See you were brave. Cute family hope all is well. My blogspot is brobrofamily.blogspot.com My blog isn;t as fancy as yours I am lucky to just get pictures to work on it. We need to get together sometime. Take care Michelle Brotherson (your old comp.....)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed