6/1/08

Dreams

I have to share this story about my sweet/creative Sydney. A few weeks ago she woke me up in the middle of the night so upset because she had a bad dream. I couldn't console her until I went and slept in her bed, not so fun in a twin bed, and then I asked her to tell me why she was so scared, it went like this...

Syd- "I dreamed a big, huge snake was chasing us around the house and it ate Nemo! Then it came up to me, licked me, and said 'You're dessert!'
(I just laughed so hard! I don't know if it was because it was 3:00 am or the way she said it in her cute half asleep voice, I could not stop laughing.) Then she asked if there were "any big snakes in our house?"
"Nope, don't worry sweetie."
"Are there any big snakes in Utah?"
"Well yes, but you don't have to worry about them either."
"Are there any small snakes in our house?"
"No, Syd. There are no snakes in our house."

Then I tickled her neck and just hugged her until we both fell asleep.

9 comments:

Laura said...

That is so funny. I can totally picture Syd saying that!!! A good excuse for a little extra snuggling with our older kids!

Terri said...

I dare you to put a rubber snake in her bed. No that would be mean, but still funny to think about. Sorry, I'm a horrible person.

Mattamorphasis said...

Do you see what type of person I have to live with? Woe is me.

Anderson Family said...

Nice to see another Smiths fan...

Athack77 said...

A very creative mind! I'm glad you're able to enjoy some free time now!!

Allison said...

Snakes eating you for dessert is never a pleasant thought, especially in the dark. I seriously remember a nightmare I had the night MaryAnne Johnson was born.(perhaps 1972?) Some Foxes were going to cook me in a big pot, and then I woke up and Bill and Richard Johnson were over in the middle of the night!

Sally said...

Terri, you are funny! Sydney would be scared for life! :) Matt, you are LUCKY to have a great woman like Terri! :)

Allison, why were Bill and Richard over in the middle of the night?! BTW, do you know where Mary Anne is? Sad how I lose track of my favorite people!

Cannon Clan said...

poor girl, they say the cutest things when they are sleepy

Jenny said...

The dessert comment is seriously funny - sounds like it could be in a movie or something!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed