6/14/08

Pitiful


My poor baby is not doing so well. The day after surgery she seemed ok, wanting to eat/drink/play, but then the following day she turned into a very pitiful sight. She has been throwing up everything, doesn't talk/move/drink/eat, and we are worried about dehydration. Her eyes are sunken and she looks like a holocaust victim. I will post a picture later. The doctor prescribed some nausea medicine but she just doesn't keep anything down! She doesn't even want popsicles! What's really sad is that she is in pain because the medicine doesn't stay down either. Because she won't talk we have used some adaptive sign language, we ask 20 questions until we find out what she wants, she just points/shakes her head/or tries to make sounds without opening her mouth. We feel so helpless. We may need to take her to the hospital to get hydrated... She has been laying on the couch and a few times I have gone to do something and I come back to find her laying on the floor like a rag doll, she has no energy to even get up, it makes me cry. At least my other kids are happy because I let them eat the popsicles, I caved in. Any suggestions out there for my baby Summer?

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so sorry. So sad . . . Let me know if you need anything!

Sherrie said...

I hate this part of surgery! We had to give both Emma and Ben 1 oz of pedialite every half hour until the throwing up calmed down and then we gradually increased. We did have to take Emma back one time for rehydration. I'm sorry, let me know if you need any help.

Anne Marie said...

Poor thing! I hope she gets feeling better soon. I feel so bad for her. We've had to take our one boy to the hospital when he's gotten dehydrated, and the IV fluids helped him perk up. Hoping the best for her.

Terri said...

Oh poor summer, that's so sad. Trust your instincts, take her in if you are worried, the worst they can do is tell you that they can't do anything.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed