6/29/08

Thoughtful

So this darn Twilight series has me all deep in thought and remembering my own experiences, of high school, of first love, of deep indescribable sorrow of losing someone, funny what can bring those feelings back up to surface...like empathizing with a character in a book. :) I have had 3 experiences in my life like that, accompanied with a lot of grief, I am such a melodramatic sap aren't I? Tom will tell you exactly how many boyfriends I have had... but my heart only broke over 3. First one in high school, how can anyone so young be so sure of how they feel, but I was, completely, even put what my initials would be if we got married in my yearbook quote!!! Then when it ended I sulked/cried for a LONG time, listened to love songs only to cry more (songs like "nothing compares to you" sinead o'connor) and lost a lot of weight, which back then made me look like a skeleton, to the point that made my mother so nervous she actually picked me up effortlessly and said she was making me go to the doctor, ah good times...instead I joined weight watchers with her, I know it sounds weird but it makes you eat, and guess what I gained weight on weight watchers! LOL. It took me a long time to get over my first heartache. The second one was my sophomore year at BYU, it was either get married to my returned missionary or go on a mission, a decision that had me in agony either way. I had always wanted to go on a mission and I cried when I thought about not going, but I also cried about leaving this person I thought I couldn't live without! Things worked out in the end, of course, but not without MUCH heartbreak, losing weight, etc.. It was then that I decided that the person I would marry would have to make me forget about these two heartbreaks. Along comes my Tommy, not without heartbreak though, we broke up 3 times and it nearly killed me, even though I was doing the breaking up. I think he needed a swift kick in the rear! And he got it the third time we were apart, realizing there was no one better than me, for him. I think it's funny that he lets me talk about my past but there is NO WAY he can even mention his! He sees my past as a trophy for him, I know he's weird! :) When we disagree on anything he jokes, "Well don't you wish you married (insert name)?" or "I bet (name) would give you another baby!" I always punch him in the arm when he says stuff like that. (This really sounds like a journal entry and a little personal) Can anyone tell how enthralled I am? Got to get back to reading... Hee Hee

13 comments:

Jen Stewart said...

I have heard that these books are fab. I need to read them! I just finished Fablehaven 1, 2 & 3 and they are really fun. Happy reading!

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers on Hazel's behalf. She is doing so much better today and we are on the road to going home. Tuesday or Wednesday I'm guessing.

Thanks again!--Jen

Angi and Jared Cowley said...

Ah, young love... Been there, almost "died" over it! I love you, and I LOVE reading your blog. You make me smile!

Sherrie said...

Seriously wait until you're finished. You will have a huge withdrawl problem, call me I'll get you through it.

Athack77 said...

I told Chris that I have a crush on Edward. My affiliation with Twilight is so bad that Chris even sucked on an ice cube and kissed me for fun (it was a suggestion from a fan site) we had a good laugh over that. He keeps trying to say "Edward" type of things I I laugh and tell Chris he's not getting it right. He even growls at me occasionally. I keep telling him he needs to read at least the first book. We'll see. How sad is this...I'm trying to plan a trip to Idaho to get my beans around the release of the 4th book. As I said, don't get me started on Twilight...I HAVE a problem!

Wendy said...

Suzanne told me about Twilight last summer and well, I thought that's stupid - vampire romance novels?! I get back to school in the fall and the girls in my class (grade 8) are all reading the books. This is when I decided that I had to read them. I read all three books in the fall. They were quite the page turners. As for Edward... we'll have to have a discussion, I think my opinion is a little different from everyone else.

Anne Marie said...

Those Twilight books are really something. After reading them, I know I felt much more in love with Jared. I feel like they really remind you of all those first feelings of love. So glad your Tom helped you get over the other 2 heartbreaks and is there for you now.

Terri said...

Yes, twilight is a problem, but luckily I have the advantage of having a twilight guy too, it makes it so much fun. I am glad that a book about someone else can make you (and me) more in love with our husbands.

Sally said...

It IS very fun to feel those dating emotions again, I think Tom likes it too! :)

Amy, you seriously make me LOL! I'm gonna try it!

I'm almost done with the second book...someone may need to come save my kids!

Mindy said...

Sal, I'm glad to hear you're addicted! I can't wait to see what Laura says about them... :) It IS fun to visit high school and first loves again. And you started at the perfect time since book 4 is only one month away! (32 days, 8 hours, and 17 minutes but who's counting...?)

Tarin said...

I pre-ordered the fourth book yesterday. It's all I'm living for. I'll have to warn Dennis of when it will arrive because he knows he'll be the only functional parent in the household.

Sherrie said...

I have the 3rd one for you, if you want it. I read the first book on a sunday. I had borrowed it from Jen and I almost had James go and buy me the rest on sunday because Jen wasn't home to borrow the others.

deputymomof6 said...

I read the Host, by the same author. A LOT different, but still pretty good. Also, the characters for her movie about it area posted on her website. I am a little disappointed in them, Edward should be much more handsome (in my HUMBLE opinion.) :) Cannot wait to see it, though!!

Sally said...

Thanks Sherrie! I just downloaded it on audio! Couldn't wait!

Melissa-I thought that too at first but they're growing on me!

I'm thinking we should get a huge girl's night going for 12/12/08!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed