7/4/08

Happy 4th of July!!

For several years we have gone to the balloon festival in Provo, it's a fun tradition but one that makes us all tired, it starts at 6am! Well worth it though!

Summer

Savannah

Macie (we met Tim & Angie there)

The whole gang (don't we all look fabulous at 6am?)

cool Vanna

Zack

We saw Wayne and his wife there, that's for you Jerry

Atlie, Macie, Angie

Summer, Atlie, Sydney

Zack

Summer, Sydney, and Atlie were so cute holding hands

Pretty darn good picture I took with my cheap ol camera!

We got breakfast at the golden arches and then drove the Nebo loop, it was amazing! And of course we saw lots of cows!

We stopped at the Devils Kitchen, a very mini version of Bryce Canyon





Then we went up to Sundance to ride the ski lift up the mountain, it was AWESOME! I was slightly nervous at first but then it was good...until we started coming back down, I don't think the knots in my stomach left until we were back safely on the ground!


Zack said, "This is SO AWESOME!" He kept wanting to shake the lift...

Summer didn't get scared at all

Syd was scared at first, she's the most like me!




Here's the steep going down part I didn't like!


The kids crashed in the car, it had already been a long day and it was only 12:00 noon!

After a nice slow afternoon of naps/quiet time, we went to see the fireworks show at Thanksgiving Point. Tom found a secluded spot on the other side of the park next to the RR tracks, it turned out to be great! My favorite part was hearing the kids scream and squeal at each explosion of light. So sweet!

I wish I could hide my tired eyes better...

It was so windy, it always is at Thanksgiving Point!

Goof ball



'Z' for Z-man!



2 goof balls

Poor Sydney was having a little meltdown and Vanna took our picture

I love Summer's reactions, it was so loud she hid behind me at one point





What a great 4th! We love this country...even though technically (Tom keeps reminding me) I'm a "redcoat". Whatever! :)

12 comments:

Terri said...

Oh, looks like you had a fun 4th! I didn't know provo had a ballon festival??? You'd think after living there so long I would have know. You know it's fun with the big kids need a nap. Of course, I could use a nap right now, wait it's 2:00, I should probally got to bed.

Laura said...

What a jam-packed day! How fun! I love all the pictures, especially the family picture!

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

Do your kids have any concept of how lucky they are to have you and Tom as parents? You do such fun family stuff - so awesome!

Heather H said...

What a fun day you all had! We were at the balloon festival, too. :)

Tarin said...

What a good mommy to get up so early to see the balloons! I just couldn't face it this year. It looks like you guys had an AWESOME day. I love the pic you've put up at the beginning of your blog. Too cute!

Jeremy said...

Hi Sal, Happy 4th! Your kids are cute. I'm still waiting for your call - but I understand that you're busy. Love ya.

Anne Marie said...

That looks like a FABULOUS day. Love all the pics. The family one turned out really nice. It's cool how all the kids are wearing patriotic clothes.

Andelin said...

I SOO miss 4th of July's in Utah! I love 'em!

Mattamorphasis said...

I sure do miss the mountains. It looks like a beautiful ride up the ski hill. Sad for me... Houston is the definition of flat.

Kelli Proctor said...

you have such a cute family! Looks like an awesome 4th of July, one to remember for sure!

Cannon Clan said...

wish we could have celebrated together! we need to talk about august, when do you go back to school? i need to call you and work out the details :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed