7/9/08

Mortified

We were lucky to go spend the day at Laura's again on Tuesday, my kids refer to her as "aunt Laura" and our kids are "cousins", how cute! Laura was so kind to feed us lunch, (and spoil me with Kneaders) but she told me later something Savannah said to her...I was out of the room and Savannah said to Laura, "Thanks for feeding us, if you didn't we wouldn't have eaten today." OH! MY! GOSH! Are you kidding me?! OK, maybe I should explain a little bit, so we haven't been shopping in a while and of course the things you run out of quickly are milk, bread, eggs, cereal...apparently this is what we live on because now we have "no food" at our house! We have a pantry full of food and stuff in our freezer! I am amazed at how fast the kids go through pb&j sandwiches and cereal! They now bug me to take them to nana's house so they can eat! Now I have a glimpse of what my kids will be like when there is some kind of disaster and we have to live on food storage! So, yeah, I have to be creative, like this afternoon I spent an hour making homemade waffles for them to have for breakfast tomorrow, no biggie. I am happy to be using some of our food storage so we can cycle through it! :) I am mortified at what comes out of my kids mouths sometimes!

10 comments:

Laura said...

Whew! I am SOOOO relieved you have food in your home. Savannah really scared me! I am totally kidding. That's why I told you, because I know kids love to ham things up for other people. I would be frightened to know what my children have told people!!!! Gotta' love it! SO CLASSIC!

Athack77 said...

Too funny. I'm so jealuos of your pantry, it looks a lot cleaner than mine!! BTW- This week is busy for us but keep posting your activities and we'll come crash your activity some time!

Nik said...

That is soooo funny! You should see our fridge. People always comment on how little there is in our fridge.

Heather H said...

Yep looks empty to me! :)

Anne Marie said...

I agree with Amy. Your pantry looks so much cleaner and organized than mine. Kids can be soooo dramatic.

Unknown said...

Do you listen to music often while in your pantry??

Sally said...

Lisa, that's funny! Actually it's just there for storage, we use ipod and itunes now ALL the time! :)

Mattamorphasis said...

Hey Sal, if you you and Tom are struggling, just let me know and I'll float some money your way. You really shouldn't let your kids go hungry. I'm ashamed of you!

Sally said...

Matt, I may just take you up on that...

Sherrie said...

It only looks empty because it's clean and organized! If only my pantry looked so good!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed