7/14/08

Weekend adventures

Friday
Another splash park success! Can you ever get sick of a place like this?? Funny picture (stole from Laura's blog) We were trying to stake down my big umbrella for shade but it was so windy it blew over, scary, it was a heavy sucker too!

Me & Krissy

Dylan, Maddie, Laura

Krissy tickles Maddie & Dylan

Angie and Macie

Summer, Sydney, Atlie

Syd & Atlie monkeys

Next onto Laura's FUN house...Benj likes to squirt everyone, that kid is so dang cute!

Zack & Ethan

Summer makes Dylan laugh

Eating, you can't have a get together without food!

picnic style, Breezy, Macie, Atlie, Syd

Brandon & Zack

Savannah played gamecube/Wii the whole time!

Saturday
If a week goes by and we have not been in the mountains...well, we just don't talk like that at our house! This is again our favorite canyon, but it was so crowded we were lucky to find a place, even though it was close to the road, we had a great spot by the river, two things are kids can do for hours are 1-throw rocks in a river and 2-draw. It was nice to get out of the house!




Sunday
I love Sundays! My parents came for dinner and family home evening. It was so nice! The kids always get super charged when we have people over, it's funny. I'm just glad I was able to get out of bed that day after having a 24 hour migraine. Those things are totally unbearable, you can't move, your head feels like, well, I cannot even describe it, you can't stand even a little light, noise hurts, moving hurts, talking hurts, and the nausea is terrible! Tom gave me a massage (I know, shocker!) and that will usually help but not this time. I was glad when I could move around at 4pm. I hate to miss church, I love it and I need it! Tom took all the kids, and seriously I didn't even care about their hair, because I couldn't get up and do it anyway.

Monday
We just got back from the dentist, always the best 2 hrs of my life! :) The kids did great though, which means I did not cry due to kids being out of control! They all went in on their own, including Zack who has severe anxiety with going to the dentist. Alas, my British teeth genes have prevailed again! They all have a few cavities, except Summer. And what I want to know is why are they all in the same exact spots that they had filled last year?!! Isn't that the dentists fault? Argh! I'm mad. So much for spin brushes and protective toothpaste, it's futile against the British gene! Sorry kids! Just give me dentures now...

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I thought the British gene just gave you crooked teeth, not soft/weak teeth?!

Laura said...

Hey Sal, I love all the pics, except the one of me, but I guess it's high time I got some of my own medicine. Anyways, I would've come today, but little B had scout camp and came home between 3-3:30pm---so I figured by the time I got there, it would be time to come home. Anyway, love ya, Laura

Anne Marie said...

Oh my goodness. That splashpark looks like so much fun. I'm glad you're making the most of your summer. So sorry about the migraine. Sounds terrible. I've only had one once, and it was awful. I'm due to go to the dentist with my kids tomorrow too. Ugh!!!

Angie said...

Friday was fun. I did feel guilty that I got absolutely nothing accomplished at home, but I worked through it! The pic of you and Krissy is really cute!

Terri said...

British gene, your funny sal. I need to indroduce you to my dentist... His name is Reed Cannon and he's your brother in law. Best dentist ever... and I'm not just saying that because we're related, or because he let me listen to MUSE in the chair. Totally worth the 1000 mile trip!
Looks like you had a fun weekend.

Heather said...

The dentist trip is one that Travis hates too. I always come back with no cavities, but he is convinced that the dentist just finds stuff that really isn't there! Poor guy!

Andelin said...

I get migraines too! They're not fun! Bummer about the teeth! I have "British" teeth too, though I'm not from Britain, directly. Fortunately, it looks like my kids got my husbands genes in that regard.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed