7/25/08

The story of me working

This is for my journaling purposes and to share a cool experience, I've never been good at writing so bear with me. Two years ago we knew we would need to do more than just my preschool so after MUCH prayer and fasting (and trying to get the answer I wanted, which was keep doing preschool) I applied to the school district (Jan '07), they hired me right away even though I wanted to wait until the fall of 2007. Again we felt that this was the right decision even though I cried ALL the time about it!! To make this part short I will just say that twice it has been the biggest blessing to us for me to be working and have benefits. Well, knowing how hard it is for me to NOT be a stay at home mom, we are always trying to figure out ways to get me "back home" and this summer was no exception, from the day school was out I was scheming, planning, praying, crunching numbers etc...I figured we had righteous desires and shouldn't faith be enough? This is a tough thing because I have people say to me "just have faith and things will work out." I know that is true. So Tom and I went to talk things over with our fabulous Bishop to get a third party opinion. After talking for a while we came to the conclusion that I should stay in the schools one more year and then look at things next summer...I wanted to bawl my eyes out. I wanted to stay home and try doing daycare or something. So then the Bishop said let's see what the Lord says. Wonderful thing, a priesthood blessing. So I will share some of the things he said. I wish I could remember word for word. He said if Tom and I would work hard this year, the lord would provide a way for me to stay home next year, that my kids would have no negative experiences or memories about me working, but that it would be a positive thing to have their mom at their school, and the Lord would send guardian angels to be with my kids while I was working (yes, I was crying). I cannot tell you what a comfort that blessing was. All my fears were addressed and I felt such peace. It was a truly wonderful experience. I feel so blessed to have the priesthood in my life, and what a great man our Bishop is! (The Bishops in our church do not work for any money, they volunteer their time and talents.) I have such an appreciation for all the moms out there who do not have the luxury of staying home with their kids and for single parents. I really believe the Lord watches over us and helps us do the things we have to do. So hopefully, if the Lord can help my faith, next summer I will be having another baby and staying home with the 4 beautiful babies He has already given me.

13 comments:

Terri said...

Sal, you are a person of great faith. Don't you love how the Lord knows us and knows that we have different situations in life. I have always thought of the quote "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it" becuase we all have trials, but he'll look out for us and it will be worth it.

Anne Marie said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences. What a beautiful blessing. That really touched me. Isn't it amazing how the Lord knows each of us and knows our individual hearts and needs so well?

Mindy said...

Oh Sal I wish you could stay home! I know how hard that is for you. (Although staying home with four kids is no cake walk... remember that! Hahah) And I love your faith. You always do what is right. You're such a good example! Everything will work out - you're right! Thanks for sharing.

girlsmama said...

Sally you are such an inspiration! Thanks for reminding me what a blessing it is to be able to have a usable skill (teacher's rock!) and also to be able to stay home when the time is right.

Wendy said...

It is amazing that things work out the way that they're supposed to. I'm still learning to have patience and let things happen in the Lord's time. It is such a comfort to have priesthood blessings confirm that Heavenly Father is listening, that He knows our needs and that He will answer prayers. Even if we don't always love the time line!

Athack77 said...

I'm so glad the Lor'd in charge and can see things that I just don;t understand. It's always amazing when I look back at my life and relized how watched over I was during a difficult time. You may not know why things are they way they are now, but you will someday!!

Laura said...

You are such a beautiful person Sally, thanks for sharing! You have such faith and God will work miracles for your family! Glad we did a raincheck, Brandon went to instacare this morning---he has strepp throat.

Laura said...

Hey girl, take a look at the info on the top right of my blog right now. In light of some of our conversations, this might be a great resource to place on your blog too.

Athack77 said...

I'm headed off to Barnes and Noble friday evening for the "Breaking Dawn" realse party with some ladies from my ward. You're welcome to come along too. Think of how fun it will be to act like hormonal teenagers again!!

Tarin said...

I'm so glad that you were able to receive some comfort from your blessing. I know how much you've wanted to be home!

V and Co. said...

you are so great sally! i love and miss you...maybe i'll try to do a hit and run hug this week on you...i'll be in town on thursday...will you be around?

Cannon Clan said...

sally i know how much you want to be home and have another little person, i hope it all works out and you get it all...meanwhile you can hold max all you want:) everything will work out!

The Rideout Timeout said...

Hey Sal,
I believe that you working hard for your family is going to be a shining example to children one day. You finished your education and used it when necessary. My mom worked and I always felt loved! I have always had a ton of respect for her efforts and education. There were times, with my dad's business, that the money she earned sustained us. She still uses her teaching talents with my children all the time. The Lord blessed you with the capabity and PATIENCE of working with children and I'm sure there are mom's out there who are so grateful to have you as their child's teacher!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed