7/2/08

What's better...

than being on the "dreadmill" and watching tv/movies?....LISTENING to audio books while on the treadmill!!! And just guess what is the first book I will be listening to?? Yep, Eclipse!!! I guess I will be spending the next 19 hours on the tread! I can't wait! YAY! I have always wanted to get exercise in AND read books but who has time with all the work of a mother of 4 and full time teacher??? Well, I had an epiphany when I came across audible.com, I'm in love! Thank you ipod! Now how much you want to bet I"ll get on the treadmill JUST to listen to my book! I have 20 books in my wishlist, waiting to download, and most of them are Jane Austin, I am just so excited!!! Maybe NOW I can see myself shrink while getting incredible enjoyment and enrichment from books!!! WOO HOO, see ya, I'm going walkin!!!

10 comments:

Anne Marie said...

What a GREAT idea! Love it. Hope you enjoy Eclipse.

Mattamorphasis said...

I'm a big audio book fan, myself. I listen to them while I commute. Sometimes when I'm in a really good spot in the book I think to myself, "Oh good, traffic is bad right now, I'll have lots of time for my book!" Crazy, huh? I've listened to the twilight series, but the woman's voice kind of bugs me. It's not the worst I've ever heard, but she's no Jim Dale! (Harry Potter). I'll be interested to see you what think.

Happy Treading!

Sally said...

Matty, yeah, I am not impressed by her voice but the book is just too good to really care about that. I was on the tread for 2 hours today...I'm sore!

Tyra said...

You are crazy--2hrs!!! When I am on the elliptical, I am reading a magazine, watching tv and sometimes listening to music all at the same time. I get so bored. Good for you though. That must be some book series.

Athack77 said...

Hey that's a good idea. Keep us posted on your progress. Eclipse is a good read.

Sherrie said...

I am totally in love with audiobooks! James and I even have our favorite narrator...sick huh? (her name is barbara rosenblat, she's amazing look her up instead of the author, totally worth it!) I'm so glad you have eclipse, you'll love it!

V and Co. said...

SWEET! that is like the BEST idea!!!

Laura said...

I LOVE the photo on your header. SO CUTE! Man, time flies. I am the last person on earth not to read the "Vampire" series. I just don't care how beautiful he is---or so I have heard---Just teasing, we need to play soon girl!

girlsmama said...

I think I will follow suit! I need to drop a fair amount of unnecessary baggage!

Corinne said...

Go ahead on girl. I just purchased an audio book to listen to on my recent trip up to NJ. Made my 5 hours on the road fly by. So did cramming my face with mint newman O's. maybe I should do the treadmill thing now?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed