7/22/08

Treasures

Sydney has always loved treasures! Treasure for her can mean anything from rocks, sticks, broken glass, cotton balls, pieces of metal, and of course anything that is small. For many birthdays and Christmas' we have had a great time finding "Sydney things" because she is so easy to shop for! You can just go into Roberts and it's her dream world! Well yesterday I was going through some boxes of craft things and came across my box of treasures! I have had these things boxed up for over 14 years. A little history here, my parents always gave me "little treasures" for presents and they were my favorites every time. (Now we know where Sydney gets it from!) So I opened it with the kids and they all had a blast. Especially Sydney! I just laughed seeing these things that were so special to me...(my prom glass, a collection of bells, a thimble of Princess Diana & family, collectible spoons, glass horses & birds, even a joke PMS survival kit with 14 yr old chocolate...) and now seeing my kids overjoyed at these things just made my day! So they each have a little collection of "Sally things" in their rooms. Even Zack took some stuff (the parrots).


Sydney with my favorite Japanese blue bird

things that Sydney wanted

things that Summer wanted

Savannah and her favorite, the glass horse

4 comments:

Anne Marie said...

THat's really fun to have your kids enjoy your things that have memories attached to them.

Terri said...

I have always liked little treasures too! It really neat that your kids are enjoying your old treasures too. I am a pack-rat and it would be nice to know that someday my stuff will be enjoyed too. Maybe I just send it to your girls, because I don't think my boys will care.

Heather H said...

That is too cute!!

Mindy said...

That is so neat you have those treasures from youth to share with your kids! How amazing that your mom saved them! That is so fun. I wonder what I should be saving for them?! I really like to get rid of stuff though...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed