4/7/08

Fabulous Weekend

Conference was just what we needed! Tom and both felt so overwhelmingly filled! It's hard to put words to the power of seeing a new prophet be sustained and then hear him speak and see the mantle and the change. Truly amazing to be part of a living church, with continuing revelation from our Heavenly Father. Tom and I were talking about how we have heard from President Thomas S. Monson for as long as we can remember and this conference we saw him go from an apostle to the prophet! We are so grateful for our prophet!

Tom and I are really trying hard to be hopeful and faithful but the stress of the looming last day of work is starting to show it's ugly face, through us wanting treats all the time! But I am happy to report that I only gained 0.2 pounds this week instead of the 10 I thought I would!! (Thank goodness Summer's yummy Costco cake is gone...I told Tom he HAD to throw it out because I just can't resist it!) I am recommitted this week to my health goals! I have salads at school mostly and I am getting so sick of eating lettuce! But it's better than eating the other fattening cafeteria food. Did you know the average calories for a child's school lunch is 600! I think that's a lot for a child, and when teachers get school lunch they give us double...that's 1200 calories!!! So I have to bring my own lunch or order salads, my school makes good salads. Speaking of which I better go and get mine since this is my lunch break....

5 comments:

Jardinefamily said...

I wish I could have caught more of conference. I to work saturday. The parts I saw were so great, especially Elder Ballards' talk. I came away so uplifted and supported as a mom. That night we had a Jardine get together and we all went around the room and shared thoughts about conference. It was so great to hear what was meaningful to everyone. We even had sisters "Skyping" in to listen and share.

2 + 2+1 = 5 said...

You should totally come to my house with a notebook and pen...and copy some recipes from my WW books. I only cook weight watchers food here. So, I need to have you for dinner, so you can see how fabulous these recipe books are!

Terri said...

I like the new layout! I feel like I say this every other day, but I miss you. I'm glad you have a blog. Smiles! T

The Stewart's said...

you go girl i still keep the cake around and it. I am proud of you and all your hard work and determination.
love ya krissy

Athack77 said...

I really missed not watching conference this weekend. I look forward to the talk coming out Thursday so I can start reading them. I know it was important to be with my family, but I really wanted to watch conference too. I'm glad your were so filled.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed