4/17/08

Spring Break Adventures

I had this whole week planned and in NONE of those included sick kids! Argh! Summer was sick over the weekend but it only lasted 2 days, so when Syd got sick I thought nothing of it. Well, since Monday Sydney has had a fever and laid on the couch 80% of the time and not eaten much. She had brief moments when she wants to eat or play but that's only after the motrin has kicked in. I have been giving her motrin every 6 hours continually! So today she is crying again about her head hurting, she looks puffy, and her eyes are red (and not from crying and not pink eye!), and she's dizzy... So of course in typical Sally fashion, I panic, start thinking worst case scenarios, call Tom, my mom, my sister...all this time Syd is on the couch listening to me...oops! She gets her anxiety from me...sorry Syd-O-Bean! Luckily Tom could come home for lunch and I took Syd to the Dr. Before we left Syd asked Tom for a blessing, so sweet! I think it comforted me more! The Dr. did a neurological test and some other tests and they can't find the cause of pain, except to speculate it may be a migraine (I laughed when the Dr. asked if there was family history of migraines!), or if it doesn't go away we will have to do some scans! So we are playing the waiting game...I hate this game! My gut tells me something isn't right so if I still feel this way tonight I WILL be taking her to the ER. (Can I really trust my gut though????) The picture does not capture the red well.


Today a cute gift package arrived for Tom, from Omniture! Nice! We both had WIDE eyes when we saw it! I said, "You can't open it until I get a picture!" :) Check it out...

Some other fun pics from the week...
Monday-Laura, Shauna, and I went to Thanksgiving Point Farm Country, 3 adults, 13 kids! It was so fun, except Sydney was feeling sick....



Girls night Tuesday-Traci, Jen, Laura, Jenny, and I met at Nicolitalia Pizzeria in Provo. So FUN! We missed those who couldn't come! Finally, pizza that tastes like New York pizza! Nothing beats the Roman Gourmet in Maplewood, NJ though!!!


Pictures/activities I missed out on....Chuck-E-Cheese on Weds and IKEA on Thurs...sniff! I have never been to IKEA!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I hope you figure out what's going on with Syd! Poor thing!

I would go to IKEA right now just for the food. Isn't that sad?

You'll have to let us all know how things go for Tom at his new job!

Athack77 said...

What a fun night for you! I hope Syd is doing better so we can see you tomorrow! What an amazing package!! I'm so excited for you Tom! I've never heard of a company sending soemthing so wonderful to new hires. You'll have to tell us what was inside! BTW-Syd is so beautiful. It looks like her hair and her eyes match exactly. I hope she feels better soon.

Terri said...

Oooh poor syd. I hope they find out what is wrong soon.
Ikea, I love Ikea, it's like disney land for adults. And yes, the food is good!

Jennifer said...

I'll go to Ikea with you anytime! Jefferson loves the kid play area and begs to go back. Mmm, and delicious cheap food. Yum!

Athack77 said...

It was so good to see you and your kids yesterday. I remember when I first moved into Wyview how kind and friendly you were. I was so impressed with how you genuenly love people. Not just because it was your calling, but just because that's who you are. You're an amazing woman and mother and hope you always remember that, especially on the bad days! Love ya!

Allison said...

I hope your baby girl is all better. I love your upbeat posts! You have this great energy Sally! Hmmmm, if things ever go south with you and Tom, I have this single brother. . . just kidding.
OK, was that inappropriate?
Thanks for being my new blogging pal!

Cannon Clan said...

poor sydney! did you ever find out what is wrong? i hope she is okay. I say follow your gut, we are moms we have our guts for more then one reason :)

Rachel Anderson said...

I love your long hair, Sally. Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed