4/23/08

Impulsive, Creative, Unexpected, Consequences...

Words that come to mind in describing my sweet Sydney. She is IMPULSIVE, she is extremely CREATIVE, she does the UNEXPECTED, and she doesn't think about the CONSEQUENCES...um...nightmare teenager??? I really hope not! She is darling and cuddly and one of my favorite things to do is to lay down with her at night and talk, she also likes me to tickle her neck...

But...I have some stories to tell and most of them involve fiascos while we are out! So I will share a few things even though my blood pressure WILL rise as I recall these events.

COSTCO... I never EVER learn, so I keep taking my kids to the store (maybe because I can't pay a babysitter and my mom lives too far!?) and every time before we leave the car, I talk to them, bribe them etc, so I think "THIS time will be better!" Wrongo! A few months ago... we are in the middle section of Costco where the clothes are, Summer is in the cart and Savannah is next to me...Syd and Zack go around the corner and I assume they are looking at the toys...30 Seconds later I catch a glimpse of something in the corner of my eye, up high, and look over to see Sydney and Zack running on TOP of the mattresses, which are stacked like 6 high, of course I'm there in 1/2 second, glaring at my kids, they didn't even come down right away until a worker started walking over, maybe they could see the fire coming through my eyes! And what can you do with an audience???? Cry! I did call my mom right away and her first response is, "Sally, why do you keep taking them out!?" Apparently she has had many calls like these before... I think Costco must have a board somewhere telling these kinds of stories and I bet half are about my kids! Syd is usually the ring leader! When I ask, "What were you thinking????" She says, "I just thought it would be fun." Can I channel this energy in a good/productive direction? We'll see. Another time, I was returning something at customer service and I hear a worker yell out, "Hey, get off of there!" I could feel time stop as I turned around to see Sydney and Zack climbing ALL over the huge tire display, I am mortified. But really am I surprised? My friend put it great when she said Sydney does the unexpected.. Oh yeah, and I have had several friends and family members say I should get "Super Nanny"! I would love to see her try! Good luck! And this is just the tip of the iceberg ... and I still want more babies! Yep! I just need to never take them to the stores!

Just a quick list of some things Sydney has done...flooded our house making the bathtub into a pool while I was on the treadmill (this one was bad, I cried for HOURS and Tom even came home from work because I was SO upset) ...putting our kitten in the toilet for a bath, closing the lid and flushing...emptying all the bottles of syrup and honey onto the floor...cut her hair and Savannah's...lays on the floor at Walmart to get all the treasures from under the shelves...hides in the clothing racks until I am crying because I can't find her...had a "pee party" at my friends' house in the window well...at the SAME friends' house (sorry Krissy) she, and Breezy, turned on the hose and made mud and then threw a ton of it on her white stucco house (I wish I had pictures because they were covered with mud from head to foot) on the funny side, Krissy hosed them both down...again at Krissy's house- we hear these crashing sounds from the basement and go down to find Sydney, and others, breaking tiles against the concrete floor...also at Krissy's place, Syd, and others, were sliding down the mattresses onto the bed boards on Raegan's bed and broke the frame! (Um, Krissy, I understand if you NEVER want us over again)...hides in the rows at Costco behind the food pallets...opened a huge bag of mini M&M's and threw them ALL over my classroom while I was in a meeting...was taking a shower with Savannah and thought it would be "fun" to dump an entire bottle of shampoo out, Savannah was the one to fall and split her chin open!

Just to name a few.

I do love my Syders but she tries my patience like nothing else! I think her brain is going 100 miles a minute and she is too smart! I may want to forget these stories now but I do hope they will be funny later! Our good times definitely outweigh the bad. And 80% of the bad happen at a store, so I should just avoid those like the plague! Of course the kids are perfect for Tom! So not fair!

I love you Sydney! You definitely put the SPICE in "sugar and spice and everything nice".


9 comments:

Mattamorphasis said...

One of the most prominent memories I have of Syd is she'd always lift up the back of her shirt and ask anyone close by to "Tickle my back". Looks like she hasn't changed.

I don't know how you do it, Sal. Two kids is plenty for me. Terri and I usually go to the store together so we can do man-on-man defense, zone defense is just too hard :)

Angie said...

I just wouldn't do it. If they are so wonderful for Tom, maybe he should do the shopping with them!:) I leave mine home with Tim, unless it's a quick trip.

One time though, Atlie through some sort of tantrum at Smiths, I was pregnant with Macie, and I just grabbed her and left my full cart right in the middle of the aisle.

Angie said...

Sal, I just wouldn't do it. I leave my kids home with Tim, unless it's a quick trip. Lately I have been doing the shopping while Atlie is in school, so I only have one to handle, and she is the easy one.

Atlie did throw a fit in the store once that caused everyone to stare and my blood to boil. I grabbed her out of my full cart and we left. Ahhh....good times!

Laura said...

LOVE the slideshow. Syd is such a cutie and sweetie, and her antics are great from a distance. One day the stories that will be told------

Shawna said...

I loved you Costco story! I think the same thing everytime I leave that store. Why do I continue to take my children there? I will say that I noticed on an earlier blog that you have never been to IKEA. IKEA does have a free childcare area for your kids to play while you look around the store. The only requirement is that the child be potty-trained. That could be a dream come true for you!

Zina said...

Wow, that girl lives large. I almost envy her flair, but I do not envy you. (I do have a daughter that pulled the fire alarm during church, but she has never flooded our house -- maybe it's because I keep her sedated with heavy doses of PBS.)

I am glad to hear of someone besides me who's overwhelmed with the kids they already have, and yet still wants more.

TimothyMiller said...

Sydney is going to go far in life...just keep trying to point her in the right direction. She will get it! Sydney and Atlie are soul sisters and live by their own tune!

Athack77 said...

Oh those are soo funny! I know they're not funny to you, but all that behavior is so normal. When ever I'm out and I see someone elses kids "acting normal" I just smile and I say "it's okay, my kids do the same things, just wait five minutes" Most people really understand what it's like to have kids!

V and Co. said...

okay we are NEVER going to let your syd and my nate get married, could you just imagine the offspring? craaaazeeee!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Visitors

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed